Quilting forums

Old 01-26-2021, 05:28 AM

Default Quilting forums

do you belong to any other quilting forums?
Old 01-26-2021, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

I belong to several on Facebook. "Scrap Quilting Enthusiasts", "Moda Blockheads", "Quilt Along with Pat Sloan", and a few others.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:26 AM

I belong to a couple others on FB. RCTC this one started back in the old days of Fidonet and long before the internet took off. and then Scrappy Quilting Enthusiast. Then Accuquilt and Beyond is all about quilting using Die Cutters.
I am here everyday (health permitting). I love this forum.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:39 PM

I belong to a couple of long arm FB pages.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:05 PM

I would love to be on more forums but can't do FB. FB is great if someone wants to track you down. Happened to me and it was so scary.
Any of the above forums NOT on FB?
Old 01-26-2021, 06:54 PM

Missouri Start Quilt Co. has a quilting forum that's not FB.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
I would love to be on more forums but can't do FB. FB is great if someone wants to track you down. Happened to me and it was so scary.
Any of the above forums NOT on FB?
I understand, at the beginning of this pandemic, I had an old boyfriend track me down too. He's the type of person I figured was dead or in jail. I blocked his number of course, with cell phones, he could have been in my driveway. Anyway, I have had a friend set up an account in her mom's name. She has a photo of her dog in her photo spot. She started FB over. I knew immediately who it was.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:20 AM

I follow too many and get side tracked with some quilts or blocks that I just have to make and that is why I have so many UFO's. I do look at FB everyday and I do follow Pat Sloan with her new blocks that come out every Wednesday but I have problems with her having different size blocks so I think I am going to have to make substitute blocks all the same size.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:04 PM

I belong to a few groups on FB. I recently decided I was in too many groups that had too much drama so I culled the list down to about 6 groups in a variety of subjects. Then I joined some quiltalongs that had their own FB groups and added them. So far so good. I also joined another forum but it’s not as familiar so I don’t feel as “at home” as I do with the folks here. This forum and YouTube are my top internet time users. I don’t watch much TV and I learn from the net so I consider it a good use of my down time.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:01 PM

I belonged to another quilt forum a while back. very much like this exchanging information etc. cannot for the life of me remember the name or find it. there was no affiliation to connecting threads or missouri star.