Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 12-15, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 12-15, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 12-15, 2021

Old 02-15-2021, 02:34 PM

Thanks for the link. Maybe pincushions will be a good Christmas gift. For once I could start early.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:09 PM

Rff1010--thanks for the info!

QuiltingVagabond--cabinets are looking good.

This has been a productive weekend. Today I got clue #11 for 60s Mystery Quilt by Sew on the Go done. Only 13 more to go Plus I fused the appliques for three different wool applique projects. And I glue basted 12 one inch hexagons for an EPP quilt alongl. I managed to get everything done that I really wanted to and have my week's projects scheduled.

You are very welcome, I am always happy to do VQW. They help keep me motivated and it's always fun to see/read what others are working on.

See everyone next month!
Old 02-15-2021, 04:32 PM

I managed to finish the machine quilting on my 2020 Sew Incredibly Crazy BOM project, and I posted a photo of it in the Picture forum so I won't duplicate it here. I have had many walks in between my quilting....thankful that it didn't get as cold as was in the forecast.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:45 PM

Well, this weekend didn’t go as planned for sewing. I only got to sit down today at my machine. The borders are on the quilt I’m making for our bed, so that’s good. It measures 100” x 106” currently. It’s the largest quilt top I’ve made.
Attached Thumbnails ae7e5c1d-aaa5-4af9-8820-3842e8d25aa7.jpeg  
Old 02-15-2021, 04:45 PM

Also, I skimmed through the rest of the posts and everyone’s project pictures look awesome!
Old 02-15-2021, 08:21 PM

This morning I completed my small grinch and chiefs quillow. I also ironed BHMQ Grassy Creek steps 3, 4, and 5. I would have sewn on them this afternoon, but it was requested we conserve energy today. Due to the power grid not being able to handle the extra energy demands. Some areas close to us had their powered turned off for 30 minutes to 1 hour to conserve energy. We did not have our energy turned off. For the next few days we may have our electric turned off with no notice. So no sewing was done. It will be probably not get done for another 3 days. So I guess I will cut out some of my other projects. I am just grateful we have energy. Try to stay warm and Cody everyone.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:17 PM

Default LA quilting

Looks like a lot got done the VQW. Weather was a big concern. We got rain on 2 days. Since it looks like another drought year in California, all rain is welcome.

Finished goal #3. Got finished all my goals and even 1 extra. First VQW to have that happen.
These pictures show the quilt quilted and the quilting on the back. This week I'll finish the binding and label.
hibiscus-orange.pink-resize-2mp-crop.jpg hibiscus-orange.pink-quilting-back-resize-.25mp.jpg
Old 02-18-2021, 07:34 AM

I'm a little late here...I did get some sewing in during the weekend. I started practicing on my new, industrial machine by doing long, quilting lines on one of my project quilts. The tension is a little off and I can't seem to get it right. I'm hoping that there will be enough shrinkage and puckering to correct the problem, stitch lines after the finished quilt is washed and dried.

I love all of the projects that everyone else is doing. Beautiful!
Old 02-18-2021, 08:05 AM

Tropit, congratulations on getting a new machine. Is there a support phone number to call?