Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sliders >

Sliders

Sliders

Old 02-20-2021, 01:10 PM

Default Sliders

Hi, I am looking at the sew steady slider and the supreme slider. The cost is quite different. Is there any difference? Are they really better than oven Teflon sheets or snow mats? TIA xx
Old 02-20-2021, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

No difference to me. I have a supreme slider and a snow mat. I don't use either one of them after trying both. I also don't spray my machine with silicone.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Do you have a good surround for your machine? My Bernina has a good size acrylic surround table and it is sufficient for me. I think the supreme slider has a kind of sticky back that helps it stay in place?
Old 02-20-2021, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

I've used them all (all that you mentioned) and love the Supreme Slider. I know it's pricey but it's worth it to me. I do so much better with it.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Do you have a good surround for your machine? My Bernina has a good size acrylic surround table and it is sufficient for me. I think the supreme slider has a kind of sticky back that helps it stay in place?
Tartan, I have a Bernina 440qe with the big acrylic table. I am trying to quilt with rulers and a supreme slider was recommended. I have read such a lot of varying reviews.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

I don’t have a supreme slider but I find having Machinger gloves or similar to grip the ruler and quilt help, to move the sandwich. Also make sure your sandwich is all up on your table so there is no drag. Having the sticky tape on the bottom of the rulers helps as well. It would be nice if you could try out the supreme slider before buying to see if it helps but some really like them.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:28 AM

I have all of the above and I find that the oven teflon mat is the best. You do have to tape it down.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

I have the Supreme Slider and I like it. I bought another one to custom cut to fit what I'm sewing, I cut the hole to fit the feed dogs. I cut it in half or even fourths for piecing It helps when I'm sewing blocks together. The seams don't flip on me.

Last edited by Onebyone; 02-21-2021 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

I have the supreme slider, bought years ago. I used it a few times and don't like it. After quilting several hundred quilts I haven't any problems.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:47 AM

I use a Sew Slip mat. If I forget to put it on my machine when I start quilting, I notice it right away because the quilt doesn't move as easily. When the sticky side starts to peel up, I just rinse it with water, hang it to dry, and it's ready to go again. At the time that I bought it, it was significantly cheaper than the Supreme Slider. I have tried the oven liner and the flexible sled and neither of them worked as well for me as my Sew Slip mat.