Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New to Me Streaming TV Station - TUBI >

New to Me Streaming TV Station - TUBI

New to Me Streaming TV Station - TUBI

Old 02-25-2021, 10:10 AM

Cool New to Me Streaming TV Station - TUBI

After many years of Netflix and Hulu, DH and I found TUBI. (We have a Roku box). TUBI is free to use and they literally have thousands of movies, tv shows, documentaries, cartoons, etc. Many of these are not available on Netflix or other stations. (I haven't found any Netflix series on TUBI, so don't know if they have these).

Yes, TUBI has ads (like "regular" tv and Hulu has), but with the number of shows available for free, I think it is well worth sitting through the ads. Just my opinion...Anyone else watching TUBI?

Old 02-25-2021, 10:57 AM

thanks, added it to my bookmarks "watch" folder. (all free!!)
Old 02-25-2021, 11:06 AM

We stream TUBI on our Roku also. We enjoy the selection of TV programs and movies. We also stream Netflix, Acorn, Britbox, and YouTube TV.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:06 AM

Thank you - hubs says we have that app on our Fire TV lineup, too and he'll try it.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:37 PM

just browsed through some of their offerings - wow, they have a lot!!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:15 AM

I have a Roki on my library TV to watch my monthly broadcast. Our cable company along with many others I'm sure have been blacked out by some of the main channels like ABC. Found out I can watch my shows using the Roku to watch ABC channel. The only thing is I've been so programmed to recording my shows and watching later plus fast forwarding the commercials that I'm a bit spoiled. May just have to suck it up and go back to using the Roku more often. I noticed a lot of the newer TVs are coming out the Roki built into them. My little 32" is way over 15 years old so no built in Roku. Can't see buying a new TV if this one still works fine.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
I have a Roki on my library TV to watch my monthly broadcast. Our cable company along with many others I'm sure have been blacked out by some of the main channels like ABC. Found out I can watch my shows using the Roku to watch ABC channel. The only thing is I've been so programmed to recording my shows and watching later plus fast forwarding the commercials that I'm a bit spoiled. May just have to suck it up and go back to using the Roku more often. I noticed a lot of the newer TVs are coming out the Roki built into them. My little 32" is way over 15 years old so no built in Roku. Can't see buying a new TV if this one still works fine.
we have a smart TV with the Roku built in and a less smart TV with a Roku device. Both work fine
Old 02-26-2021, 10:06 AM

It is available on or Roku set up but I have not really dug into it yet. Thanks for the thumbs up on it.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:54 AM

Thanks so much for telling us about TUBI! I just signed up and am now looking through all the terrific movies, tv shows, etc. I’ve found some shows I watched as a kid (on reruns) way back in the late 50s and early 60s!! Yes!!!👍👍👍👍👍.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 02-26-2021, 03:38 PM

I won our smart TV at a conference I was at for my work a few years ago. I didn't have internet at the time because I live in a rural area so it didn't go by my house. I stuck the TV upstairs and this past summer, internet was installed on my road. So out came the Roku TV. We not only have Tubi, but Pluto is another free to use app that has just as many shows and movies as Tubi. Just search for Pluto and you'll be just as amazed.😎
Also, if you have an Amazon prime subscription for your free shipping, you also get access to tons of free movies and TV shows, just do a search for the "prime" app on your TV and add it to your line up.