Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Treadle sewing machine, unknown maker >

Treadle sewing machine, unknown maker

Treadle sewing machine, unknown maker

Old 02-28-2021, 02:12 PM

Default Treadle sewing machine, unknown maker

Has a vibrating shuttle case labeled Domestic August 8th , 1874. The letter H is seen on the underside of the bed, but neither the cabinet or the machine has any other identifying information. I can't figure out how to attach a picture, using my phone. Can someone help me with that part?
Old 02-28-2021, 02:22 PM

Welcome.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:39 PM

Default Pictures of my unknown treadle...maybe

Thanks for the info. I hope that these will come across. If they do you can thank Ravelry, if not...well I'm techno-awful.
Attached Thumbnails 20210228_162243.jpg   20210228_162305.jpg   20210228_162345.jpg  
Old 02-28-2021, 03:15 PM

Oh, look at the beautiful decals on that machine! 💕 And don't you love how the thread size/needle size chart is stamped right on the plate? So charming!

I haven't been active at collecting for a long time so I am no help on what model it is, but there are a lot of people here who can point you to the right resources to identify it.

Have fun getting her fixed up!
Old 02-28-2021, 03:31 PM

This should probably be in https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...thusiasts-f22/

From what I can see, it looks like it may be a Davis machine, but I couldn't find one similar on needlebar.org. I didn't notice a stitch length regulator. I'm basing my guess on the rectangular needle plate and it appears that the belt guide is on the outside of the balance wheel. There is a recent thread about a Minnesota machine that looks quite a bit like yours. Minnesota Sewing Machine

Old 02-28-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
This should probably be in https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...thusiasts-f22/

From what I can see, it looks like it may be a Davis machine, but I couldn't find one similar on needlebar.org. I didn't notice a stitch length regulator. I'm basing my guess on the rectangular needle plate and it appears that the belt guide is on the outside of the balance wheel. There is a recent thread about a Minnesota machine that looks quite a bit like yours. Minnesota Sewing Machine

You are absolutely right about my machine being a twin of that Minnesota. The stitch regulator of the Minn. is exactly the same as mine, unfortunately my images are so poor that you can't see it. I just registered today and am flailing a bit. Thank you so much for your help and direction. I really meant to post to the thread that you suggested above and will try to do so, hopefully with better photos.