Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
National Quilting Month...what will you do? >

National Quilting Month...what will you do?

National Quilting Month...what will you do?

Old 03-02-2021, 01:47 AM

Question National Quilting Month...what will you do?

Such a hard question to answer. Hmmm....yes. I think I will work on a UFO, start a new quilt, finish a quilt, and/or fondle fabric. What will you do this month that is quilt related?
Old 03-02-2021, 02:48 AM

At a sew day a few members of our guild were talking about national quilting day and we joked we should have a parade...
Those riding the float would be wearing evening gowns with crowns....Quilt Queens...and would be holding quilts...those marching around the float would be waving a 6 x 24 ruler and majorette boots with tassels!

Now its your turn to add to our imaginary parade...what else shall we have on our float?

Ps...In my real world, I will be working on baby quilts . My quilting room is in need of organizing, so I will tidy it up!

Last edited by copycat; 03-02-2021 at 02:50 AM.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:58 AM

Imaginary float? Instead of tossing candy, toss unwanted scraps of fabric. Might be hard to toss but we'd figure out a way to get rid of them.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:17 AM

I'm planning on a trip to the quilt store to buy fabric. My DD is in to quilting, and I'm going to buy the fabric. She bought a machine, and has made two lap quilts so far. How about some patterns hanging off the float?
Old 03-02-2021, 03:30 AM

I plan to make some Easter gifts in March, flour sack kitchen towels and an Easter bunting for my 3 year old granddaughter. I don’t own any Easter fabric but I do have some florals and pastels.

Every parade has some sort of music whether a marching band or someone with a nice voice on the float. 🤗
Old 03-02-2021, 04:23 AM

I plan on working on a few children's quilts. Doing the piecing is no problem as I have multiple machines, getting the quilting done will be another. My quilting machine is in the shop.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

I read somewhere that March is National Quilting month. Then I thought about what I would do and the answer is the same as every month- sew as much as possible!!
Old 03-02-2021, 05:04 AM

What SusieQOH said! I’m finishing up a UFO art quilt and at the same time, working on the Debbie Brown March colorblock and an improvisational crumb quilt. I also need to bind the Debbie Brown Feb. colorblock, continue getting my scraps under control, and make some more scarves from the itty bitty pieces that are too small for anything else.

Rob
Old 03-02-2021, 05:49 AM

I plan to finish a few of the quilts I am working on. Not quite assigned to the UFO bin but not finished nonetheless. This is as good a time as ever. A whole month to finish up things. I should be able to make quite the dent. IF not, well I am going to give it a good hearty try.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:55 AM

I will sew, go to the fabric store, clean when I cant stand the mess and then sew some more! I am so thankful I love to quilt. I don't know how I would have managed all of this "alone" time. I dream of a quilt show!