Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Storing assorted cuts >

Storing assorted cuts

Storing assorted cuts

Old 05-29-2022, 11:44 AM

I buy my fabric with quilt ideas in mind, so I keep all of the fabric for those peculiar quilts together. I have a cabinet that I keep orphan/left over yardage fabric in and store it basically by lights and darks, too much to store by color as I'd constantly be rearranging my stacks. And, I usually try to incorporate the orphan/leftover fabric in another quilt idea, to keep the stash down.

I do buy pre-cuts, mostly jelly rolls, or fat quarters, if I like the fabric line, but again, I buy with a quilt plan in mind, so get backing/accent fabric from that same line at the same time. And, as above, I keep it stored together.

I do have Christmas fabric, and keep it separate. But again, the Christmas fabric I have, I been working on building it up for a quilt I have in mind, as I've been really peculiar in the design on the fabric to get what I'm looking to put together. This one has been a couple of years in the planning stage on waiting for the right fabric.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 05-29-2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:40 AM

Thanks quiltsfor
i have realized that i have purchased fabrics for specific quilts and now can not find all the fabrics or remember what pattern. I am going to start bagging them together. Fabric, pattern or note as to what pattern!