Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
computerized machine successful update >

computerized machine successful update

computerized machine successful update

Old 03-09-2021, 05:09 AM

Default computerized machine successful update

I am happy, I finally go my Bernina 570 QE updated. Last year I bought it and it keep randomly creating a bird's nest in the bobbin area, a big one. I had it into the shop a couple of times. Each time they said they fixed it. The last time I had brought it in, I already had put my old Viking D1 in my cabinet (yes, the one that just froze) so I just keep on using that machine until a few days ago. So I decide to get that Bernina out and see if it works. I also had checked the web for issues with this Bernina and found ....ta da...that an update to the firmware had been done last May. Umm...I think I got the Bernina back in April. One if the issues that the update fixed was that apparently, this model had not closed the tension discs properly when restarting until a few stitches had been taken. I think this would have had the same affect as not lowering your foot or not holding unto the threads when first starting up. So I needed to install the update that fixed this bug in the computer programing. Oh my, I have lost my computer skills since I retired. I got out new thumb drives to transfer the update from the computer to my machine. What a process. Finally called a computer friend of mine with high end embroidery machines. Through the use of "face time" we got the update installed. Oh my, I should take some computer classes for these high end machines.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:18 AM

Good for you!
Old 03-09-2021, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

Another reason I love my straight stitch only machines.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:49 AM

yep, I love my basic machines too....but the computerized ones is sure nice when I want to do applique by machine. I also embroider once in a while
Old 03-10-2021, 09:04 AM

Congrats on your success.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:34 AM

Very good. I am glad that you finally got it working right.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:23 PM

Oh, aren't computerized things wonderful!. Well at least most of the time. Glad it's working for you.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:20 AM

Groan....I have had two thread jams in the bobbin area again even after the update. And that was with only about 15 minutes of sewing. Called the shop. The machine goes in next week. So here I am with two machines down. Called the local viking shop. They have a Topaz 40 on special. But only one left. sighhhh....to buy or not to buy. I have problems with getting impatient when my machines are down. I have one very basic one left that is still functioning. I miss some of the bells and whistles. help....I am going through stitching withdrawal!!!!!
Old 03-12-2021, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

The Bernina dealer here has several signs up in the shop.. NO RETURNS on machines. First time I've seen the signs there. I guess too many are having problems.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:47 PM

Back when Berninas were Swiss made, you could buy one and it would last a lifetime. I had one of the first " computor" Berninas in 1984, the 1050. That machine and l built a drapery business for 13 yr. I employed 3 sewers and an installer, buying used industrial specialty machines plus a new Bernina industrial. When l retired and the shop went to it's new owner, l had to say goodbye to my old friend. I bought a Janome 6500 on retirement, and now 11 yr later I use a computorized Janome 8900 for quilting and costume making ( keeping the other as backup). I'd heard in the sewing industry of Bernana's problems with their computors. Too bad, because those BSR units are great for quilters.