Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
March Guild Meeting Returns to In Person..Yay! >

March Guild Meeting Returns to In Person..Yay!

March Guild Meeting Returns to In Person..Yay!

Old 03-13-2021, 03:25 AM

Default March Guild Meeting Returns to In Person..Yay!

Our guild meetings have been on Zoom and I am looking forward to resuming our regular guild meetings in the church gym. Using the gym allows us to social distance and still get to enjoy one another's company.

Anyone else able to return to in person meetings or sew day groups?
Old 03-13-2021, 03:44 AM

Hopefully soon...it will be nice to have gatherings again in person. We use a Lion’s Club facility which will also provide safe Distancing.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:22 AM

We returned in January, also meeting in a church room. It's so great to see people again and talk quilting. We have about half our members attending (25). This month about 5 who were vaccinated came to the meeting. Congratulations on your restart!
Old 03-13-2021, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

My group hasn't met in over a year, but Tuesday the 16th we are having a short meeting and a show and tell!
Old 03-13-2021, 05:04 AM

No in person meetings for me yet. I usually have about 6 ladies meet at my house once a week and our meetings are happening yet. Some of the ladies still feel uncomfortable about meeting and I understand but sure to miss having social time with friends and enjoying the visits
Old 03-13-2021, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

We are not meeting yet, but are getting anxious to. Our meeting site has not allowed to schedule times. Not sure how soon they will. We are looking forward maybe meeting in a park, but snow is predicted Sunday and Monday!
Old 03-13-2021, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Homespun View Post
My group hasn't met in over a year, but Tuesday the 16th we are having a short meeting and a show and tell!
Ours too has met over the year but I have not attended only because I am a high risk person. I am planning on returning in April since I arranged a speaker for our group. There is plenty of room for social distancing and everyone is wearing a mask.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:35 AM

Winter/cold weather meetings are via Zoom. Spring/summer/warm weather meetings were held outdoors on the church lawn last year. I believe April will be the first "in person" meeting since last fall and probably will still be held on the lawn.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:24 PM

Our guild is holding an outside time slot for those who want to drive through and say hello from their autos or stay for a bit in parking lot. We are still wearing mask (per state restrictions) and social distance. Zoom meetings also happen but seeing people in person is such a boost.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

My guild met at the park in a covered pavilion until Nov. Now we are having our first normal meeting in April. The state is probably going mask free the end of March with no social distancing. Everyone will do what they feel is best for themselves. Everyone that wanted the vaccine will be fully vaccinated by April so we should have a good turnout.