Unusual Geist hemmer. Help

Old 03-18-2021, 01:46 PM

Question Unusual Geist hemmer. Help

I have several antique sewing machines. I have two parts with this horizontal flat fork for attaching. There is no information stamped on it but I did see a similar Geist hemmer like this. But, no list of machines it might fit. I am attaching a picture. I own a Singer 121, 66k, 66, 503, New Home. Anyone able to help?

also I am looking for any feet for the Singer 66k, like a hemmer, quilter, bottom attaching, ruffler etc. It is a low, BACK SHANK attachment style. I believe the 66-1, 66-2 and 66-3 only. Anyone have something for sale? Or extras?
sher
Attached Thumbnails dedc8720-c768-4e72-807e-6892680af042.jpeg  
Old 03-18-2021, 02:12 PM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! I too have a Singer 66. I don't put this machine to work very often. I picked it up a few years ago at a garage sale for $10. It is currently sitting in my living room with a small quilt on the top. I am sorry I can't help you with the foot and I will keep my attachments for my older machines. Again welcome to the QB Thanks for jumping right in and I hope to see a lot of you.
Old 03-18-2021, 03:46 PM

Several sewing machine manufacturers utilized that top mount system. White, National, others.

Getting a match on the foot may be...awkward. The width between the toes, the width of each toe, whether or not there is a split just above the middle of the toes, and probably a few other identifiers factor in.

Most manufacturers did not ID stamp their parts, including feet. Singer and Greist did.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

I bought a boxful of those kinds of feet at an estate sale, thinking they would go on my Singer 66-1. I haven't ever tried them, tho. Now I'm wondering if they don't go to some other kind of machine. I'll be watching to see what you find out....
Old 03-18-2021, 06:22 PM

I bought some back clamp attachments at a yard sale, as they said they would throw them away otherwise. I didn't have a machine for them, but knew that there were machines that took them. Several years later, my brother and I refurbished the treadle that may sister learned to sew on. As it turns out there were not any attachments for the 66-1 treadle, so I dug them out and they went to her. I have since gotten a 66-1 and have picked up a few attachments for it. One was a ruffler that was in with another bag of attachments. You may find some in thrift stores, yard sales, ebay, etsy, offerup, etc.

As for the top clamp hemmer, WIChix is right about a variety of machines that took them and a variety of sizes and dimensions. There is a chart on treadleon.net that gives some of the dimensions.https://www.treadleon.net/library/topclampingfeet.pdf However, there may be other machines that it might fit as there were many, many machines that have a different name on them other than the company name that actually made the machine. There are even some New Home machines that took top clamp attachments.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)