Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wooden Quilt blocks...who has made one? displays one? >

Wooden Quilt blocks...who has made one? displays one?

Wooden Quilt blocks...who has made one? displays one?

Old 03-24-2021, 02:16 AM

Default Wooden Quilt blocks...who has made one? displays one?

Our guild will have a workshop on making a Wooden Quilt Block to display outside. I am so excited to have one!

Yesterday on the way to work, I passed a house with a Shed in the backyard....and the shed had a flower box and displayed a Painted quilt block. I am guessing it is a "She Shed" and possibly a quilting get a way.

It makes me smile to see this wooden quilt block on my way to work...and one day I will stop and visit the house and its maker to let them know how it brightens my day!
Old 03-24-2021, 03:23 AM

Our local Art Center quilting group have had several classes of "barn" quilt blocks, I've made two. We're having another class later in April.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:30 AM

I have two of them in my house, one in the kitchen and one in my sewing room. As we live in the country I've hinted about one for outside, but husband hasn't agreed to hanging one on his sheds.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:36 AM

Default Barn quilts

We've been painting barn quilts for several months and are in the process of organizing a barn quilt trail in the southeast corner of Oklahoma/northeast Texas. It's been so much fun getting together and painting these quilt blocks. We've got another class scheduled in April as well!!
Old 03-24-2021, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

One of our 4-H Clubs did a Barn Quilt Club a few years ago.
Meetings were held in a farm workshop, so that they could work on each stage at the meetings. Gave them lots of space to spread out and to be able to leave them to dry at the end of each session.

Great opportunity for the kids to "Learn To Do By Doing"!!
Old 03-24-2021, 10:34 AM

I'd love to have one but I don't have a good space anywhere on my home to hang it.

There's an awesome "Barn Quilt Trail" in my region, it's a self-guided tour that will take you from barn quilt to barn quilt, and you get to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way. It's become very popular and has grown, there is now a coastal leg and a downtown leg, with an additional 50+ barn quilts on the waiting list. It's kind of like geocaching for quilters. 😊

http://www.tillamookquilttrail.org/about.htm
Old 03-24-2021, 07:11 PM

my one guild did a painted barn quilt (block) several years ago and I have a 2x2 hung on our gate by the road. I have the outdoor plywood to make a larger one and have the 13 yr old grandson coming for a week this summer to do some work for us (he's saving for a new computer gaming system which his dad says has to be earned not given) and one of the things I'm going to have him do is help cut the board and do the priming on it. Can't wait!
Old 03-25-2021, 01:51 AM

Smile thanks for the barn quilt link in your area!

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I'd love to have one but I don't have a good space anywhere on my home to hang it.

There's an awesome "Barn Quilt Trail" in my region, it's a self-guided tour that will take you from barn quilt to barn quilt, and you get to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way. It's become very popular and has grown, there is now a coastal leg and a downtown leg, with an additional 50+ barn quilts on the waiting list. It's kind of like geocaching for quilters. 😊

http://www.tillamookquilttrail.org/about.htm
I enjoyed seeing the barn quilt blocks on display! Thanks for the link. Since the block size we are making is only 12" , it could be hung on a fence or in a sewing room. I also don't have a place to hang one on my home.