Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Getting rid of a jelly roll >

Getting rid of a jelly roll

Getting rid of a jelly roll

Old 03-27-2021, 06:50 PM

Default Getting rid of a jelly roll

Jelly rolls are my least favorite pre-cut and I quit buying them long ago...I’m committed to using as many precuts as I can this year. I typically buy a couple of yards of a main fabric when I buy precuts since, by the time I actually use it, the collection is no longer available and I like to have border options when I finally get around to it. This quilt was designed on EQ8 so no pattern but it’s easy enough to figure it out. I used an entire JR with the exception of a few pieces. I shared a picture of the balance..The sashing is one of my favorite sashing/cornerstone designs.. The JR is called Harvest Road. This completed at 76” sq. and will be gifted to my cousin just because....
Attached Thumbnails ed23167b-88b7-4f9f-b981-b373b657d53e.jpeg   cf885513-0557-495d-85a3-d71a09b0419c.jpeg  
Old 03-27-2021, 07:30 PM

I don't like pre-cuts any more, either and you've done a wonderful job of using up what is also my least favorite. And you cut it pretty darn close there, too! 😄

I love the borders and cornerstones - really nice element and I'll probably steal it from you someday.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Cute quilt!
Old 03-28-2021, 02:09 AM

That's lovely.
I've never used pre-cuts. I always found them expensive.

Watson
Old 03-28-2021, 02:12 AM

Lovely quilt. The only precuts I like are fat quarters. I’m still not very good at coordinating fabrics, but I’m learning.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:29 AM

Neat design and awesome that you used up all but those tiny leftover bits! The inner border, sashing and cornerstones make this quilt sing. Good work.

Rob
Old 03-28-2021, 02:48 AM

Another stunner Teen! You do beautiful work! I too have an assortment of jelly rolls and they are my least favorite precut as well! I will have to borrow your pattern, thank you for the inspiration!
Old 03-28-2021, 03:22 AM

Woozers, Love it and who would think it was a jelly roll. I used to buy JRs pretty regularly, got lured in by MSQ bargains, then I realized I wasn't using them. I went on a JR binge too but did not use them as beautifully as you did. I most certainly will steal your pattern as a template to remove another JR from my stash.or just some 2.5 squares and stash. Oh, and I like the idea of buying some yardage from the JR line at the same time. Wisdom!
Old 03-28-2021, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Woozers, Love it and who would think it was a jelly roll. I used to buy JRs pretty regularly, got lured in by MSQ bargains, then I realized I wasn't using them. Oh, and I like the idea of buying some yardage from the JR line at the same time. Wisdom!
Same here...I also own a couple of JRs that have been in my stash for a few years without any idea what to do with them...hopefully I can find some coordinating fabric but if I ever buy a JR in the future, I’ll be sure to add extra yardage from the collection.

Teen , wonderful finish and great EQ design to use up your JR. I especially love your piano key border.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:47 AM

I love how your quilt turned out and will be on a mission to copy! That is a great tip to also buy yardage in that line to be able to complete a project that won’t go into the “too small” pile! I seem to be so easily distracted anymore, and love projects that don’t involve a lot of thinking! Thanks!!