Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kansas Troubles solid blender >

Kansas Troubles solid blender

Kansas Troubles solid blender

Old 06-24-2021, 02:02 PM

Default Kansas Troubles solid blender

Have any of you used a kona solid, bella solid, etc. etc in a shade of tan just lighter than the kansas troubles tans?
Old 06-24-2021, 02:31 PM

My current project is using Kansas Troubles Prairie Dreams and my solid is Bella Eggshell and it blends beautifully!
Old 06-25-2021, 03:03 AM

I'm lucky enough to have bought a Kona color chart so let me take a look....seems like one of these may do the trick for you. Ivory (1181), Cream (1090), or Eggshell (184) these are the medium shades. For a little more tan you can go with Sand (1323) or Putty (1303) and for the lightest Snow (1339), Bone (1037). Too many choices I realize, but sometimes just having the color chart is a good idea...but expensive! Good luck!
Old 06-25-2021, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
My current project is using Kansas Troubles Prairie Dreams and my solid is Bella Eggshell and it blends beautifully!
Thank you! I have so much stash of Kansas Troubles, but so many are the saturated tan shade. Will be nice to find a lighter blender.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:47 AM

I have a Kansas Troubles bundle on hand, as well as some half yards of neutrals. I'm not sure how this KT bundle (Bittersweet Lane) compares to others; I think the tans may be a bit lighter. But here are some photos of the three I thought looked best -- Kona Cream, Kona Eggshell and Bella Natural.

Attached Thumbnails img_6820_fotor.jpg   img_6823_fotor.jpg   img_6822_fotor.jpg  
Old 06-26-2021, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I'm lucky enough to have bought a Kona color chart so let me take a look....seems like one of these may do the trick for you. Ivory (1181), Cream (1090), or Eggshell (184) these are the medium shades. For a little more tan you can go with Sand (1323) or Putty (1303) and for the lightest Snow (1339), Bone (1037). Too many choices I realize, but sometimes just having the color chart is a good idea...but expensive! Good luck!
Thank you for taking the time to use your colour chart to look at these Kona solids shades for me. Wonderful help for me.
Old 06-26-2021, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I have a Kansas Troubles bundle on hand, as well as some half yards of neutrals. I'm not sure how this KT bundle (Bittersweet Lane) compares to others; I think the tans may be a bit lighter. But here are some photos of the three I thought looked best -- Kona Cream, Kona Eggshell and Bella Natural.
Perhaps now I am on a search for the lightest of the Bittersweet Lane collection! Thanks for the three photos. Kona Cream seems great to me.
Old 06-27-2021, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wsquilting View Post
Perhaps now I am on a search for the lightest of the Bittersweet Lane collection! Thanks for the three photos. Kona Cream seems great to me.
I agree for this particular pairings of KT lights. And yes I have lots of KT fabrics as well, so thanks for the thread starter wsquilting
Old 06-29-2021, 09:58 AM

I have used a Kona cotton (creme colored) with my Kansas Troubles fabrics and I like it.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I have used a Kona cotton (creme colored) with my Kansas Troubles fabrics and I like it.
Nice to know that another quilter has had the same idea, and it worked well.