Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Canning Flats >

Canning Flats

Canning Flats

Old 08-25-2021, 01:41 PM

I was at our local Walmart today. They had a couple cases of Ball & Golden Harvest brand jars/lids & rings left on the shelf. A guy was looking for lids & we got talking. I use an electric cart, so I'm sitting down pretty low. I looked up to the top shelf & there were Golden Harvest lids. A 12 pack of regular size lids was $1.47. There were 2 full flats/boxes of them on the shelf. I only took 2 packs & left the rest for others that need them. They guy I was talking to also took 2 packs. So when you go looking check every shelf & all the way to the back, as some may be hiding.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:24 AM

Bomgaards flats were around $4.99 for the regular size and $5.99 for the wide mouth...12 in a pack. Hyvee seems a bit high don't you think?
Old 08-26-2021, 07:16 AM

Western Oregon hasn't had any flats, any size for 2 years now. I ordered some from Amazon and they took 2 months to arrive. Couldn't get any tracking info so when they finally arrived I noticed they were from China and they sent me the wrong size! I had to ask for a refund, I'll be lucky to get it I suppose. I then ordered some from Ball and the same thing has happened, no shipping date yet but I'm not holding my breath. I'll be doing a lot of freezing this year again.