Fall Round Robin Group A

Old 02-11-2022, 02:11 PM

Default Final Round Yuriy's Quilt

I put the finishing touches on my final round for the final quilt of this round robin. I have really enjoyed the process!! This top was not in my color way at all--so I enlisted the help of the owner of the local quilt store to pick fabrics. Thanks to her--it all blends! I always like to have something fun and personalized in these quilts, but struggled finding an idea that matched the rest of the top since it is quite traditional. I finally settled on MORSE CODE!! So much fun!! And it was pretty quick and easy too! Given that Yuriy is a lawyer involved with Interpol cases--I thought some "spy stuff" was in order. From the top corner clockwise around the quilt this reads "I do solemnly swear" and from the top corner down it reads "Yuriy". The bottom corner is a bit empty, but I didn't need any more letters (explanation for anyone who likes symmetry as much as my hubs and wonders why it is asymmetrical). I hope everyone in the group likes it, especially Reba and her friend!
Attached Thumbnails yuriys-quilt-my-round-02112022-web.jpg  
Old 02-11-2022, 02:13 PM

I will get this in the mail on the 18th after I share it with Quilt Group on Tuesday!
Old 02-11-2022, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieBorchardt View Post
I put the finishing touches on my final round for the final quilt of this round robin. I have really enjoyed the process!! This top was not in my color way at all--so I enlisted the help of the owner of the local quilt store to pick fabrics. Thanks to her--it all blends! I always like to have something fun and personalized in these quilts, but struggled finding an idea that matched the rest of the top since it is quite traditional. I finally settled on MORSE CODE!! So much fun!! And it was pretty quick and easy too! Given that Yuriy is a lawyer involved with Interpol cases--I thought some "spy stuff" was in order. From the top corner clockwise around the quilt this reads "I do solemnly swear" and from the top corner down it reads "Yuriy". The bottom corner is a bit empty, but I didn't need any more letters (explanation for anyone who likes symmetry as much as my hubs and wonders why it is asymmetrical). I hope everyone in the group likes it, especially Reba and her friend!
OMG I love it!! What a wonderful idea! And yes, spy stuff, black ops, black market, corruption, you name it, is involved in what he does.......just saying.....Hugs Carrie!!!!
Old 02-11-2022, 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=CarrieBorchardt;8536735]I put the finishing touches on my final round for the final quilt of this round robin. I have really enjoyed the process!! This top was not in my color way at all--so I enlisted the help of the owner of the local quilt store to pick fabrics. Thanks to her--it all blends! I always like to have something fun and personalized in these quilts, but struggled finding an idea that matched the rest of the top since it is quite traditional. I finally settled on MORSE CODE!! So much fun!! And it was pretty quick and easy too! Given that Yuriy is a lawyer involved with Interpol cases--I thought some "spy stuff" was in order. From the top corner clockwise around the quilt this reads "I do solemnly swear" and from the top corner down it reads "Yuriy". The bottom corner is a bit empty, but I didn't need any more letters (explanation for anyone who likes symmetry as much as my hubs and wonders why it is asymmetrical). I hope everyone in the group likes it, especially Reba and her friend![

How fun, great finish.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:24 PM

Great finish! Morse Code is genius.
Old 02-20-2022, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Hi all, I finished the turtles last night in a late night marathon. I used the beach ‘sand & pebble’ triangles on the opposite corner of the original, tribal sashiko-embroidered turtles in the centers (3 to a side, each unique), turtle butts to enclose the sashiko embroidery, and batik swimming turtles on each side. This baby will go out in the mail on Thursday due to work commitments. Hugs!!!
The pictures do not do complete justice for the quilt. I returned from Alabama where I was helping a single mom friend and her family during a complicated pregnancy and got to open the quilt. I cried. It is so beautiful and you can see all the love and talent put in to it. And to top it off Rebaquilts added a fantastic wall hanging/painting of turtles. I feel very spoiled 💕.

Thank you all! Now to finish Annaquilts before she puts a bounty on my head. Lol.
Old 03-02-2022, 07:32 AM

Default progress....

Hi ladies, I didn't want this fall off, cannot wait to see AnnaQuilt's last row. I am remiss in not getting the album up to speed, working on that today. Also, I found a Washington DC fabric for the backing of Yury's quilt and I am hoping to show pics of the completed quilted project in a few months. Interestingly, the fabric was in short supply in most of the local shops so I had to drive about 45 minutes to get sufficient yardage for the backing, but since it was the perfect fabric for the theme, I snagged it. hugs all!
Old 03-17-2022, 06:05 AM

Hi there, Yury's quilt is off to the LAQ. I had dropped off a UFO Baltimore Album from 25 years ago that I posted on the UFO group, she will be doing both of them at the same time. She said by Baltimore Album will take several days, but Yury's quilt will be quicker. I'll be sure to post photos. Can't wait to see the dresden houses border, that will be the best! Hugs all!
Old 03-17-2022, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Smile

The Dresden houses quilt made it back home. MMonohon added a row of grey bricks. Thank you MMonohon. This concludes its journey. Thank you to all that worked on this round robin. It is a very nice big top. I am not sure how I plan to quilt it yet but hope to do so this summer.
Attached Thumbnails resized_20220312_125158-small-.jpeg  
Old 03-17-2022, 09:24 AM

Looks great!! I have sharpened the photo and added it to the album. Great Finish MMonohon! Hugs!