Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki Kirei HZLNX7 and quilt frame >

Juki Kirei HZLNX7 and quilt frame

Juki Kirei HZLNX7 and quilt frame

Old 09-19-2021, 02:24 PM

Default Juki Kirei HZLNX7 and quilt frame

Does anyone have one of these Juki Kirei machines, what do think of it? Has anyone put one of these on a quilting frame.

I have a BL Jazz and I have had nothing but problems with it....I see the new Baby Lock Jazz 2 is an upgrade, is it worth it or does it have the same problems. I am very frustrated, I bought an older Inspira frame and with a couple of simple changes it works well....now my machine is a nightmare...Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

I don’t use a frame But I love my Brother PQ1500 for FMQ. No problems (except user!). Much less expensive than the others. This machine can be used on a frame.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:32 PM

Will look at the brothers, I don't want to make another mistake buying a machine.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Shariquilting View Post
Will look at the brothers, I don't want to make another mistake buying a machine.
lots of Brother PQ 1500 users on this board. I think we are all quite satisfied.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:51 AM

Please remember your throat space when putting a designated sewing machine on a frame....you will only be able to quilt in small rows. Less than 6 inches to start and then less and less because the rolll up bar will bump up against the machine. I have a Janome with an 11 inch thrat and sometimes it's a nightmare, even on a frame!
Old 09-20-2021, 09:26 AM

I am good with the throat space since there is 12 inches and I can get a good 8 inches to quilt and yes you lose apace as you have more finished quilting. My biggest problem is getting the tension correct on the Jazz....I had a Gammill and realize there are limits with these smaller frames. Any suggestion on fixing the tension on the Jazz are greatly appreciated. I am going to try to work these out and finally go back to quilting. Happy threads.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:17 PM

I have been coveting the Juki since I saw it demonstrated but cannot justify the price. If I bought it I would not put it on a frame. That’s much too nice of a machine IMO. I have read lots of reviews on the Jazz vs the Jazz 2. You may want to do some research. It seems the 2 is much better quality out of the box than the original.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:31 PM

Thank you, I am so frustrated and really looking at the Juki, guess I need to see if there is a dealer and I could at least run a demo. I have been looking at the reviews on the Jazz 2 and the possible improvements.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:44 PM
mkc

I would say that model Juki is way overkill/kind of wasted on a frame. All you need for a frame is a straight-stitch machine, not one with many stitches. Watch your local CL and FB Marketplace for gently used options. That will leave you $ to still purchase the Kirei if you want it for piecing and other sewing.