Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2 questions please knee lifter and oiling >

2 questions please knee lifter and oiling

2 questions please knee lifter and oiling

Old 09-22-2021, 06:13 AM

Question 2 questions please knee lifter and oiling

One is there a way to keep the knee lifter from coming out? Also, can someone please show me specifically where to oil my machine? I have had it for a few years now and I have been oiling it however after looking at the manual again the other day, I may be oiling it incorrectly....I LOVE this machine btw and am gonna be looking to purchase a second one of the same as I work from home doing production work and this machine is so easy and comfortable to use.....TIA, Karen
Old 09-22-2021, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Can you tell us what machine you have?
Old 09-22-2021, 07:34 AM

When I thought a moment, I easily found Firedawgysgirl first post, Pfaff Grand Quilter Hobby 1200 - Feedback?
The machine in question is a Pfaff grandquilter hobby 1200.

So welcome to the boards! I can't help with your machine (my only Pfaff is quite vintage) but maybe I can help find someone who can

Old 09-22-2021, 07:41 AM

Not all machines are the same when it comes to oiling. Call your dealer or follow manual instructions.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Not all machines are the same when it comes to oiling. Call your dealer or follow manual instructions.
I'll certainly second that! If you oil a machine with some types of nylon gears, they will DESOLVE.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:23 AM

I see it looks like you have a Pfaff Grandquilter per IceBlossum....Anyway...If you go to the Pfaff.com website....click on "Support and updates", enter in your machine where it asks what machine you have, you should see a pdf of the manual for the machine come up......On my bernina knee lifter, it does wiggle it way out when I am stitching, and I just have to push it gentle back in every once and a while.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:19 PM

I agree with others, check the owners manual regarding oiling. As far as the knee lift, they do wiggle out and it becomes annoying. However, this year my Juki knee lift did manage to get stuck and wouldn't come out! Thankfully it was in a table and not a cabinet, and with a bit of maneuvering, I was able to get the machine out and get it repaired.