Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't find spray starch in any store in my area. >

I can't find spray starch in any store in my area.

I can't find spray starch in any store in my area.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I used to buy the non-aerosol Niagra starch, that stuff was awesome and smelled great. But they quit making it.
I loved that stuff! No wonder I can only find the can. I keep hoping.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I know both my kids have irons. Probably never used. I really can't blame them, I can't remember the last time I ironed clothing.
Me either. If I wasn't a quilter my iron would collect dust. My husband used to have a corporate job and either ironed his shirts or sent them out. ( notice I'm not involved haha
Old 09-23-2021, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by janiebakes View Post
Would you all believe that my son and DIL don't even own an iron? No wonder starch is getting hard to find.
My son and DIL don't either, but my son will stop over to use my iron once in awhile. On the rare occasion he has to meet up with a client, or wants to look more professional, he will iron his shirts or slacks. Sometimes, when they come over, I have to bite my tongue, because their shirts are so wrinkled!!
Old 09-23-2021, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

My girls spray wrinkle release on casual clothes and toss in dryer for few minutes.
Old 09-23-2021, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Just back from the “little Kroger” and three varieties of faultless Niagara. I guess Faultless bought Niagara. I’m not a big starch user and have a couple cans and a spray but got another just in case.

I enjoy ironing. We don’t have many clothes that need it but it isn’t a chore for me.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

Odd how it is in some areas and not others. I guess it will get here eventually. I really Magic Sizing too but haven't seen it in more then a year here.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Odd how it is in some areas and not others. I guess it will get here eventually. I really Magic Sizing too but haven't seen it in more then a year here.
I have a can of that too. I don't use much of any of it. But now that it seems like a "hot commodity" I will probably pay more attention. Best Press seems plentiful on line, but, it is my least favorite. I have a big bottle of that someone gave me.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:15 PM

I detest ironing clothes! Part of the problem is that I have no good place to do it. I have a square pad on my cutting table for pressing blocks; if I have a lot of yardage or a back or top that needs to be pressed, I get out the big board, but don't leave it up. No room. Why is it that the cooler woven tops I like in the summer need to be ironed? Hot plus more heat and steam. Ugh.

No shortage of Niagara spray @ the local WM's as yet. I wish that they had not discontinued the gallon size and did email them, but got no response.

Has anyone seen this anywhere, or tried it? I'm considering ordering some. It is available as a aerosol or trigger spray. https://store.faultlessbrands.com/co...crafting-spray The description makes me think it is like Best Press - removes wrinkles, flattens seams.... For additional stiffness, spray and press again.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:06 AM

When we lived in a small townhouse and I sewed in a tiny "breakfast nook", I found a drop down ironing board the mounted on the wall. It was great. No more dragging out the big ironing board except on rare occasion. I could just let the ironing board down, use it and then fold it back up. Easy peasy
Old 09-26-2021, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

Went to the local Target yesterday. Plenty of Niagara spray starch. I'm going to check every store from now on.