Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy Auto-Renewal >

Craftsy Auto-Renewal

Craftsy Auto-Renewal

Old 10-11-2021, 07:56 AM

I didn't l like the way they handled the changeover and what they did to their content providers and designers and vowed not to purchase anything else get them no matter how inexpensive.

Last edited by Nesie; 10-11-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:37 AM

I personally like Craftsy and have used their videos. Not everyday, but nice to know the resource is there. They have added a lot of different craft areas from Chinese cooking to paper crafts, to cake decorating. Something for everybody. I made a zippered window seat cushion last year, and was happy to have a home dec video to watch. It is like everything, supply and demand. If not enough demand, it will go away. Also, they are a company hoping to make money, so they aren't going to charge $3 every year. I am hoping there is enough variety of crafters out there that it will continue.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:07 AM

I think there are so many crafters who got burned by Craftsy's corporate shenanigans during the past few years that they are going to struggle for a while. People are wary and suspicious, and rightfully so.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:56 AM

I suspect the retail side of their business was part of the reason they got out of the business. Possibly not managed well to turn a profit? I was also a member then and took part in the retail and the videos. So the company you are trying to punish is long gone. If you don't like or use the videos you definitely should not renew. That doesn't mean it is a bad business, just doesn't suit your needs. As far as auto renew, that is almost every subscription service these days, from Amazon prime on down. I've been burned before with this, but on me because I think it is the law they have to warn you that renewal time is approaching. Generally that is a mistake you make just once. Before Craftsy was bought by the current Craftsy, they did come up with the option of downloading your purchased "forever" videos.