Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 03-06-2022, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

sewingpup- crawling is so much better than going too fast. That's one of the reasons I didn't like my Frolic top. I can't wait to see what you've made!
And yes, we need to support each other. Your last sentence was spot on.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:27 AM

Sewingpup, I am with you. I have started writing to my senators and congressman again begging them to stop pointing fingers and start working together to find solutions.

In the meantime, piecing helps keep me sane. I am loving all the progress this group has made with their quilt!
Old 03-06-2022, 12:08 PM

This thread will be here when/if you need encouragement or are ready to show results or admit defeat.

Last year I dropped out of the project before Christmas and didn't come back until about now and I still got the top done by Easter and quilted before this one started. The actually getting it quilted in the same year was a huge and rare change from my usual make tops and store them style.

Each of us needs to do what we can/need. Last year I needed some extra mental help and clarification in addition to reminding myself that quilting is what I do for fun While I have a pretty good track record of no UFOs, I do have a couple of long-term works in progress, and I consider a completed top as a completed piecing project even if not quite a full quilt yet. Sometimes though, there are times when I have already gotten everything I'm going to get from a project prior to completion.

There should be some joy in the process and in life, even if it is just a good cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a good moment today even if sometimes we have to look for it.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by SuzSLO View Post
I am still thinking about doing the Laundry Basket Quilts mystery using blue, yellow and white (instead of blue and white, as suggested). LBQ starts earlier than BHs, so I may just wait and see how it all plays out.
I will definitely watch Edyta's videos for this mystery and copy the clues to make in the future. I find her so delightful (and her fabrics so beautiful).

This reminds me that DHs most frequent comment when I ask his opinion on quilts is, 'It looks like an alien.' That's what he said about Edyta's 2020 mystery (which I kind of agreed with, LOL), and sure enough, it's what he said about this year's mystery A block.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:04 AM

I'm also interested in Edyta's mystery. I made a quilt using the Alaska block, and that was really fun.
Old 03-07-2022, 01:28 PM

Thank-you for info on Edyta’s mystery QAL. I would love to QAL with the new thread when it is started. So please post here when it is started please. I have completed 1 of her mysteries and have last years started and need to distract myself from life. Thank-you again.

I have decided to take my slow, slouchy pace on finishing my BHMQ-21 top. I’m making progress. I have all of part 4 sewn, just need to finish squaring and ironing the tiny sub squares. But in the mean time I will be making the blocks with the butterflies. I started to cut out the background fabric, but ran out of the background fabric I selected. So I need to go through my stash. I really need to buy background fabric. I always have an abundance of the color fabrics. Oh well this life with my stash. Back to.sewing & quilting. Have fun all.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:11 PM

I've finished my geese and cut sashing and cornerstones, now putting together the quilt center.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:30 AM

Popping in to cheer on Joe'smom

And for anyone else still working (or paused) on the project. I hope y'all will pop in and show your progress or ask whatever questions may arise.
Old 03-12-2022, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, Iceblossom!

I've put together my sashing/cornerstone rows, today it's on to the blocks!
Old 03-12-2022, 04:16 PM

Looking forward to seeing a picture when you have it all assembled Joe’smom!