Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Changing format on a design >

Changing format on a design

Changing format on a design

Old 11-04-2021, 09:54 AM

Question Changing format on a design

I'm helping out a friend who would like me to embroider a design from Embroiderydesigns-dot-com. Of course, the one selected isn't in my format (PES). The Embroiderydesigns-dot-com site has a free reformatting tool. Has anyone used it? The design is expensive and I don't want anyone to waste money if the result after reformatting isn't good. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:40 PM

what brand of sewing machine do you have? I know know Bernina and Viking have a free mini program that you can download to your computer to change the format. I think you just send the file then to a USB stick and load it into your machine.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:09 AM

I have never used the tool. Just a crazy question, but have you tried the file in your machine? Sometime the embroidery machines can read more than one file type.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:56 AM

Did you already purchase the design? There is usually a place in your account to select the format for download. The company may be able to send you the design in PES format.

FYI tips if you change the format:

Check the size and stitch count before you make any format changes. Re-check the size and stitch count after changes. Also check that all the thread color changes transfer into the the new format. You may want to make a sample stitch out before the final stitch out.

Old 11-05-2021, 09:09 AM

I reformat many of my designs but I use Drawings by Corel. I love this programs as it is very versatile. I also have a couple other programs that allow you to change the format BuzzEdit is another one and this one is reasonably priced if you are going to do a lot of reformatting. Always make a sample block to check thread color and thread counts. I have not used the program you are talking about.
Old 11-06-2021, 12:30 PM

What machine do you have?