Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Design Has Been Stolen >

My Design Has Been Stolen

My Design Has Been Stolen

Old 11-09-2021, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Watson, I can't imagine how awful that was for you to find out. Glad they took it down!
Old 11-09-2021, 07:38 AM

I'm so sorry this happened to your masterpiece! Just the other day I found one of my original quilts listed on a similar site for sale for the same price. Makes me wonder if it is the same company. It's wrong!
Old 11-09-2021, 10:12 AM

I"m so glad that you contacted them and got your design removed. That was a beautiful quilt and should remain an original and not be cheapened by some Chinese company who just wants to rip people off.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

It looks like everything on their site is a rip-off of someone else's work. I'm glad your quilt design was removed, but really the whole site needs to be taken down.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
............really the whole site needs to be taken down.
Totally agree with Dunster!
Though we all know that these sorts just resurface in other ways.

Watson ... so glad that you got yours pulled from their offerings.
I am sure you can't help but be skeptical, as to where, what, when ........... again.
Totally curious as to how you found it was there?
Old 11-09-2021, 12:25 PM

A friend was shopping on the site and ran across it. She had over $300.00 of merchandise in her cart and dumped it all once she saw what they had done.

Watson
Old 11-09-2021, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

I haven't looked on the site but "quilt blanket" sounds a little goofy to me!
Old 11-09-2021, 01:01 PM

I did some "digging" around and found a few QB members quilts, and even one of Jenny's from MSQC, on their site. The site that I found my quilt on had a different name, but same layout and description.

I think it will be a good idea to start watermarking our quilt pictures that we share on here.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
A friend was shopping on the site and ran across it. She had over $300.00 of merchandise in her cart and dumped it all once she saw what they had done.

Watson
Too bad it happened to you, Watson .... but thankfully, she was eagle eyed enough to recognize yours, then totally dump her potential purchases!! I'm guessing this was one of the infamous pop-up ads that we are inundated with. All the more reason to not even bat an eye at those!
Old 11-09-2021, 01:30 PM

I would wager they don't even send you anything close to what is shown in the pictures. Some of those trapunto quilts, you couldn't reproduce by machine and they certainly aren't making them by hand at those prices. Probably just a scheme to get your CC info.

A few days ago my FB feed on my Kindle was full of ads for the Post Office selling stamps at a discount. Like that would ever happen. I reported them all. I have adblocker on my laptop but when I look at FB on my Kindle or phone I see ads. I wouldn't trust any online ad or website unless I know of it personally, like Macy's or Kohl's.

ETA - try searching Google images for some of the more distinctive quilts - they are all over the internet. Also, they have 284 pages of quilts, at 24 quilts per page, that's over 6700 quilts that they have the patterns and fabric for, and can whip up for you when you order? I don't think so.

Can you tell I hate thieves and scammers? lol.

Last edited by ptquilts; 11-09-2021 at 01:39 PM.