Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--11/12-11/14/21

Old 11-13-2021, 01:32 AM

Hello. Trying to keep this house cleaned and even improve it so it's ready to show for selling. So making a quilting mess difficult. No plans for tomorrow, so maybe I'll organize more Q stuff for the move.
Old 11-13-2021, 03:41 AM

Minor progress on my list for this weekend, but....I did get my COVID booster which was not on my list! Went to one pharmacy and was told I would not be able to get it because too many folks were waiting. OK, went home and scheduled and appointment at the same pharmacy for the first available appointment, day after Thanksgiving! Took a birthday pie to my son-in-law and found my daughter curled up in a fleece blanket looking like a disaster had hit her. She had had her COVID booster and was in the middle of her reaction. The one good result of her yuckiness was she told me about a small town compounding pharmacy that had walk-in boosters. Well, after my birthday visit I was on my way to the little pharmacy and home in time for popcorn, a Christmas moving and hand stitching the binding on a quilt. Ta- Da.

Sewing room squared away, a little work on my online class and one more side of the binding finished! Not all I would have wanted to accomplish but there are still two days left in the weekend, right? On to Saturday!!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 11-13-2021 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:17 AM

Holly Mart Sale at church: no sewing, but there's well over a hundred quilts all shapes and sizes offered up for sale and next Quilt Ministry meeting will decide donation options. So I'm going to be talking "quilt" all day. Does this count on the VQW?
PS. It took three of us four hours to set up yesterday
Old 11-13-2021, 05:01 AM

Sync, I love your beautiful unity star blocks…your points are perfect.

QuiltMom2 - I hope you have a great turnout at the church sale. I went to a Quilt Show in New Hampshire a few weeks ago for the first time since Covid and enjoyed looking at everyone’s work.

I have loaded an 80x80 scrappy quilt on the long arm and will begin quilting it sometime today…I may just go with a loopy design or meander in the interest of time. I’ll post a picture later…
Old 11-13-2021, 05:11 AM

Iceblossom- love your quilt and the scrappy bindings you are working on.

Rryder- great to see you back, I hope your recovery is going well, looking forward to seeing your projects.

Sync- Those blocks are fantastic!.

Everyone sounds like they are keeping very busy this weekend, even those not sewing!

I made very little progress yesterday, I did get one set of units sewn and one block put together, and I did rip a block apart and made a new unit that needed to be fixed after a trimming error would have caused me to lose the points during final assembly. I have everything cut and ready to sew, but these units are tedious, so in order to break up the monotony, I am sewing one block at a time as I finish each unit.
I hope to make better progress today since I am home all day waiting for my new snow blower to be delivered. I have no desire to shovel snow this year or any other year in the future, I would rather be sewing! I have a decent size corner lot and it takes too much time and effort to shovel the driveway, sidewalks and walkway.
Attached Thumbnails 127a01d5-92b0-442e-874f-103f5176dabb.jpeg  
Old 11-13-2021, 06:02 AM

I’m enjoying reading and seeing progress from others. Very creative.

I made a little progress on both of my projects yesterday. My BHMQ 2020 - 12.5’ sub pieces are ready to be sewn together today. Then I need to decide which brown fabric to add for the final border piece. The brown I used is too dark for my taste and I want to change it up a bit. My second project I completed 3 steps. Need to finish 13 more steps to complete this top.

oh well time to get back to my baubles mystery from over 10 years ago. Happy quilting/sewing everyone.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:05 AM

Well here's the back for my Bonnie Hunter project. I've had these pink circles in my stash for 8-10 years at least (I think...). Bought it on sale as "good for a back". When the colors for this year came out, I immediately thought of this piece, various pinks, "garnet" and yellow and pretty much the same values and tones as Bonnie's paint chips.

Both for design/fabric usage and because I try to use my stash whenever possible I have a number of ways to extend quilt backs. For this, I had enough length but the width was narrow, not enough fabric if I trimmed off the selvedges (which I did). The 8" bar of bricks will give me 4-5 inches of extra on each side. There's about 12" of strip on the short side, when done it will just be about 4-6" of the circle fabric. I find when extending fabric for backs it is best to offset it somehow and not to try for any sort of matching on the front, so I will chose deliberately off numbers.

Now -- time to do a similar sort of thing to the Froggy Beach back. Or maybe I still have to prewash it. Only one way to find out
Attached Thumbnails 100_6234.jpg  
Old 11-13-2021, 06:53 AM

Got the quilt block hung and have two more borders on this panel quilt and this top will be done. Making progress!

Attached Thumbnails 20211112_131622.jpg   20211112_175000.jpg  
Old 11-13-2021, 07:28 AM

Default Color my world BOM progress + zoom

Hi all, it has turned into a quilting weekend for me, so I’ll be working on my 2021 BOM “Color My World” quilt top. (On the quilt show website). I got started late so I’m now playing catch up. I’m going to host a zoom room if anyone wants to join at 1 pm EST. Message me privately for the room ID (I’ll check my inbox periodically)and join if you want to share a cup of tea or coffee while you sew and a little show & tell, join up. and please forgive my sewing room. It’s like a hurricane went through but I am on a mission to work on my BOM so the organization has suffered a bit. The virtual zoom room starts at 1 PM EST so I can clean up the sewing room just a little bit and grab lunch. We can see how it goes, I don’t know if anyone has ever done a zoom quilt room before. Hugs all!
Attached Thumbnails ba44f83b-e02d-4761-b3ed-c64a0247635c.jpeg  
Old 11-13-2021, 08:18 AM

Two more box bags done from the decor fabric leftovers. I also used leftover quilt batting for some structure. Still have 3 tops hanging in the closet but they need to be sandwiched.

Love watching other people's progress! Keep it up every one!