Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Do You Use Toaster Bags? >

Do You Use Toaster Bags?

Do You Use Toaster Bags?

Old 11-30-2021, 07:31 PM

Default Do You Use Toaster Bags?

About a week ago my grandson and his family gave me a package containing two toaster bags. I had never heard of them before so they had to explain just what I might do with the bags. It is suggested that one make up a grilled cheese sandwich with or without the butter on the outside. Place the sandwich in one of the bags and pop it in the toaster. In approximately three minutes when the toaster pops up one can remove the sandwich from the bag and you will have a nicely toasted sandwich crispy on the outside and full of melted cheese on the inside. A bit of experience may be needed to know just where to set the control on the toaster to come up with the proper degree of browning. My grandson uses these bags to let their children make sandwiches when they come home from school. There is no need for adult supervision as they do not need to use the stove nor do they use a skillet. The bag can be reused many times and can be used to heat pizza, waffles, chicken nuggets, etc. One should use a wide slot toaster, preferably the kind in which you can toast bagels but regular wide slot toasters will work too. I have enjoyed the times to date that I have used my bags. I have made grilled cheese, cheese and peanut butter, garlic bread to name a few. I am wondering if other members of the board use these bags and just what do you place in your bags. I thought it might be fun to share ideas. My experience is that the bags leave crisp foods crisp when reheating making for a more desirable end product.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:13 PM

I have never used these bags, but I did see them somewhere, and thought....huh??? How do you keep the melted cheese from sliding down to the bottom? We're a really gooey grilled cheese style family. Interesting concept.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:12 AM

Interesting! I didn't even know these existed. Will have to look...
Old 12-01-2021, 03:42 AM
Power Poster

I have had some before that looked like the Hot Pocket sleeves but in bag form. Reynolds Wrap has a parchment on one side and foil on the other side on a roll. That works great to wrap sandwiches/rollups for toasting or airfry. I never had a problem with cheese running when the bread is held together.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
I have never used these bags, but I did see them somewhere, and thought....huh??? How do you keep the melted cheese from sliding down to the bottom? We're a really gooey grilled cheese style family. Interesting concept.
How do you keep the butter from pooling at the bottom of the bag? Sounds like a solution to a problem I don't have. Grilled cheese in a pan is super easy and good.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:59 AM

What are the bags made of? How do you wash them?
Old 12-01-2021, 05:42 AM

how long can you use one? A new one each time? ummm, as I don't have kids, I think I will stick with my little frying pan. On a budget here and trying to cut down my "waste" foot print, and I have a very small kitchen and not much storage space. I am doomed when it comes to more specialty items.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

I love this stuff:
Old 12-01-2021, 01:02 PM

I've seen them but never used them. I can see where they could be useful not only for kids but also elderly or disabled people. Could still have independence without risk from using a stove
Old 12-01-2021, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

I saw them in the grocery store today. Then I realized I like my grilled cheese done in a skillet.