Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Do You Use Toaster Bags? >

Do You Use Toaster Bags?

Do You Use Toaster Bags?

Old 12-02-2021, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Walmart has the toaster bags but I don't reuse them but they are reusable. Ten bag for about $12.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:51 PM

If you google "toaster bags" you will come up with several suggestions. I think the ones I have are called ToastaBags. They came from Amazon. Two in a package. I believe HyVee has the same thing. Walmart carries them from several different suppliers. You can order them on line. I placed an order for ten and cost is $14.41. I have yet to receive them so can't compare them with the ones I have as yet. By ordering larger quantities the cost per item decreases. It was mentioned to use each bag just once but that seems to me to be rather costly. I have used the same bag over several times and although it was a small pinhole and a partial slit in the bottom seam it works well and I can see no difference in the results when i use it. They are very light and made of some type of microfilm so won't take a lot of abrasion. I merely shake or wipe mine out and reuse. Directions say they can go on top shelf of dishwasher but I don't feel this would be advisable. Sandwiches coming out of these bags are more toasty than those prepared in a skillet. Personally I like them better and no dishes to wash. There are a lot of different recommendations for care of a cast iron skillet. I received mine as a shower gifts years ago and don't treat it as special. If I have something that sticks a little I just let it soak in my soapy dishwater and it cleans up fine. I use it for more than frying It works great if one wants to place raw meat or vegetable in it to cook in the oven. It is great for holding the heat and doing a super job of cooking I know some people use them to bake cornbread, coffee cake, apple crisp, and lots of other things. I use mine almost every day. It is funny how we use a certain pan or appliance and it becomes our favorite and the one we always reach for.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:24 PM

I spent 3 days fixing a cast iron frying pan my MIL gave me. She hadn't used it in at least 30 years and it was all rusted and crusty, so there was a good bit of work to be done. About a week after I had it all cleaned up and seasoned, my oldest son scrubbed the snot out of it with lots of soap and a scrubby. 🤦 I couldn't get mad at him because he was honestly trying to help. But we did have a chat about the proper treatment of cast iron! 😜
Old 12-11-2021, 04:27 PM

I not only wash my cast iron pans but if needed I let them soak in the dish water. They're fine.