Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What’s on your Christmas List? >

What’s on your Christmas List?

What’s on your Christmas List?

Old 12-07-2021, 01:06 PM

I told DH that I would love if he arranged (and paid for, of course) a service on my treadmill. I use it at least 5 days a week and it has become increasingly noisy over the last year. He was thrilled that a: he didn't have to think of something on his own, and b: he didn't have to go shopping.

Quilty-ish: I dropped my bobbin storage case once too often so put that (well, actually 3 so that each machine can have its own) on the family list. If a GC happens to appear, that would be nice.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:10 PM

Uninterrupted time by myself in my quilting room.

My youngest moved out a week before Thanksgiving, 2 weeks before his birthday, 5 weeks before Christmas. I was not prepared AT ALL to consider the holidays without him at home, and the ferocity of my sadness has knocked me completely sideways. I just want to be by myself to cry and process.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:22 AM

img_20211208_050614142.jpg can you guess what this might be?

img_20211208_050938647.jpg I have been wanting a bigger mat for years. I have always had a 18x24".

DH and I are in the stage of our lives where we buy what we want for our hobbies when we want them. This was on sale for a great price, so thought it was time to finally get one.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:38 AM

I love reading Quilting Stories, so any quilting related fiction books would be lovely.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post

My youngest moved out a week before Thanksgiving, 2 weeks before his birthday, 5 weeks before Christmas. I was not prepared AT ALL to consider the holidays without him at home, and the ferocity of my sadness has knocked me completely sideways. I just want to be by myself to cry and process.
Sorry to hear that, Peckish. Hope he gets nostalgic for home for the holidays. I remember when my son moved out in a huff and how sad I felt - but relieved at the same time. He was 19 and very upsetting. May you find some peace at this time. Quilting is good therapy.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:55 AM

I just changed my rotary cutter blade for the first time in ages (they were hard to come by during the early months of the pandemic and then I just forgot). I forgot how easy cutting could be! I have now added spare blades to my Christmas wish list. :-) My needs and wants are few - along with the blades, you can find chocolate, coffee, and a couple of books on there.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:43 AM

I’d like a rotating cutting mat. I saw Tula Pink using a really nice one that I think she said was Sue Daly’s.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

The best rotating mat and I have used every brand there is out there, is the Roundabout from Martelli. I took mine to a retreat and left it on the cutting table for everyone to use. All raved about it and many ordered it using their phones on the spot.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I want the book The Lyrics about the Beatles music. That's all I really want! Everything else would be gravy
Susie, I bought the book All The Songs, about all of the Beach Boys music. I was dying to know who sang which parts, played which instruments, etc. So much great background info in there! I splurged and bought it for myself several months ago.

As for Christmas gifts, there isn't anything I really want. I bought a couple of things for myself on Black Friday and Cyber Monday... some Bombas socks and some Accuquilt dies. That's my Christmas!

What I really would like for Christmas would be for my daughter and SIL to get over being mad at me and let me see and spend time with my granddaughter. She's been weaponized, unfortunately. Makes me sad as I can be.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post

Peckish, I'm so sorry. I know how that feels. You are in my prayers. Hope he is still close enough to visit.