Tornadoes

Old 12-11-2021, 07:21 AM
Banned

Default Tornadoes

I hope everyone in the South is OK this morning! You're in my prayers, please let us know how you are.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

I hope the threat of tornados go away soon. The damage always seems to be so bad.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

We got a lot of rain, no tornado.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

We got lots of rain and thunder (which I slept through) but I heard other areas are in bad shape. Awful!
Old 12-11-2021, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Watched some of devastation on the new and hope all QB members and their communities are safe!
Old 12-11-2021, 04:54 PM

lost our power for a while but just went to bed with my kindle and read till I went to sleep, power came back and had to get up and shut off every thing lots of strong wind, rain and lighting torodanos were south of us
Old 12-11-2021, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

We only had rain here in MS, but my kids in Memphis were right in the tornado zone. Just heard from my son that they are all alright and our house there is fine. He said the bad tornadoes were North of them. Hubby saw that one tornado started in KY and was on the ground for nearly 300 miles! That's a lot of devastation.
Old 12-11-2021, 07:25 PM

We had a tornado touch down about 10 miles from our TN house but we just had a lot of rain and wind. Our daughters, SIL and DGD stayed with us for the night because they were in the high risk zone. I'm so glad since a big tornado touched down in their town. Luckily their homes weren't damaged. I absolutely hate tornadoes - too random and destructive.
Old 12-12-2021, 01:01 AM

Where we are, (middle Tn.) we only had some hard rain & thunder for about 20 minutes. The city of Mt. Juliet got hit again, though not as bad as the recent tornado that wiped out a couple of their schools, many businesses & homes. No loss of life which is a blessing. West of Paducah, in Mayfield they are totally destroyed. The pix from tv about these events are rarely as bad as actually seeing it for yourself. Prayers for all who are dealing with this disaster.
sewverybusy1
Old 12-12-2021, 06:31 AM

News is saying Dawson Springs and Mayfield KY were hit the worse with just slabs of the foundations left of houses in that area. It hit in four state area, The longest and worse tornado in weather history. I pray for all those who had everything they owned destroyed; I pray for the families of those who lost loved ones in the storm. Many quilters will answer their call for quilts, I am sure.