Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend—December 17-19, 2022

Old 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM

Thanks for another VQW! I'm just sitting down with my first cup of coffee for the day and updating the Bonnie Hunter Mystery clue for this week -- so that's my project for this weekend. Hubby initially was scheduled to work tomorrow but a machine is down and the parts are stuck in transit/supply chain issues...

Bonnie's clue this week has quite a bit of encouragement for the participants that we can do this and is giving a bit of slack for getting caught up/some of us having a busy week. For all of us, I'd like to offer some encouragement and give you all some slack, too.

I struggle with my mental health, last year at this time I was deep into a major depressive episode. It was bad. This year I am upright and quilting and it is better. We've all been under a lot of external pressures and some of us need to be reminded to take care of ourselves too. For me, this weekend at least that does involve sewing time -- and there are bubble baths in my future
Old 12-17-2021, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for hosting, Heather!
I just got my next clue in the BH mystery so I expect to work on that. I can't believe I'm caught up so far. That never happens!
Old 12-17-2021, 06:17 AM

Husband mentioned Christmas Eve is only a week from today so I have to finish a scrapbook of my Grandson's school sports career. He graduated this past spring and is now in college. I am using mostly newspaper articles of his school days and it has become a time consuming task. Why do I get myself into these projects??? Cause I love those Grands. I covered my sewing machine up a couple of weeks ago so am not doing any quilting, but will peak in on how you folks are doing. Merry Christmas to you all!
Old 12-17-2021, 07:10 AM

I'd like to think I'm going to join in this weekend but am not sure what that will look like. I'm in between projects at present and don't have a clear plan for a new one (lots of ideas - just nothing definite). I think I'd like to find a few minutes somewhere to reorganize my stash - it has grown considerably in the last couple of months and I've got to figure out a system that has room for all of my latest acquisitions. There have been so many great ideas for getting things sorted in Mission:Organization, Scraps? and some of the other threads that I'm actually looking forward to this process (and not just because it means I can play with fabric!).

Good luck with your VQW goals, everyone!
Old 12-17-2021, 07:15 AM

I've gotten a QOV all ready to load on the longarm, there's an ongoing small scrap piecing project (one of those "OMG! What was I thinking when I started this?") and today I'm delivering a quilt to my friend so she can finish sewing the binding on by hand. Still cutting batik scraps for the same friend.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:00 AM

Merry Christmas VQW buddies! I'm not sure how much sewing I will get done this weekend as we have 2 family celebrations to attend and along with that comes baking, wrapping, etc...
But if I do get into the sewing room, I have Clue 3 of the BH mystery ready to sew - and Clue 4 was just released.
I treated myself to a couple of adorable sewing baskets from Liberty of London, so I would love to fill them up with sewing supplies! I will try to get some pictures to share, they are sweet and nostalgic!
Old 12-17-2021, 12:40 PM

Happy Friday, everyone! I am working on various blocks for a t shirt quilt. I do not have enough t shirts to make a good sized quilt, so I am supplementing it with extra blocks and building on the tshirts to make larger blocks out of them. Here is some of what I finished up yesterday and today using the small sleeve/ front chest logos.
Attached Thumbnails 20211216_170106.jpg   fcf.jpg   lbl.jpg   aviation.jpg  
Old 12-17-2021, 01:08 PM

Default Rainy Friday Update

Woke up just a little while ago to thunder and rain, supposed to be this way for the remainder of the day and into this evening. Nothing severe that I know of, just a good, ol' fashioned chilly fall rain. We were in need of it.

The first organizer is almost done, just have to attach the sides and put the bias binding on. While I love the organizer, how it's made is something I am going to have to fiddle when I make the next one. When I put the binding on, I'm going to be going over spots that has as many as ten layers of fabric, interfacing and the foam stabilizer.

After my wakeup cup of coffee, it's back to the organizer, then I'll be working on the quilted pouches for my cutting mats and sewing 4" x 4" squares together for the next organizers.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:27 PM

happylab--I have a friend who loves dragon stuff, she's made some really cute stuff.

railroadersbrat--perhaps I should check out this declutter challenge

Iceblossom--depression has hit many people hard the last year and a half. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself.

I spent much of the day doing some reorganizing of my sewing room. Looks a little messy at the moment! I will be glad when I'm done. Tomorrow I quilt with a couple friends at local shop so that will be fun.
Old 12-17-2021, 05:14 PM

Oh yay..... VQW..... I've been thinking this should be coming up soon. I am so in..... I have a quilt to make for Christmas still. I will be working on a picture quilt for my parents. My dad has been requesting for a few years now a picture quilt of his great grandkids, and this is the year it will happen. I am using Bubble Jet for the first time, so excited. My preference for a picture quilt is one that the picture is printed on the fabric and not a sheet you iron onto the fabric.
I'm so grateful for this board and for all of you. I am so inspired by what I read about and see and learn about on here. I look forward to seeing what you all will create this weekend. Thank you Heather for hosting and for keeping VQW going.