Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 08-11-2022, 04:05 AM

So many patterns for our candy - so little time!
Our last few days in Maine and we have enjoyed the seacoast and looking at all the local crafts and art. My favorite places are the Artist coops. We went into one and they were having a quilting group - so enjoy talking and viewing their work!
Here is the current list of cards received. My secretary was laughing at some of your names so I was explaining their meanings and telling her all about you!! She was totally amazed that we had never met.
Attached Thumbnails aug10.jpg  
Old 08-11-2022, 12:08 PM

August candies are in the mail. Yeah

been off the grid for awhile, sorry.
I've been reading all the post and dag,some of y'all been busy. Me, not so much. In between the raining every day, I manage to get the grass cut and pulling weeds. It was finally stopped for 2 days where I could get a full fall veggies started.

irishMom. Wow a signiture quilt seems very adventurous. My daughter had a large 12 x14 picture with a 4 inch mat, and everyone sign the mat. My Aunt,whome was my Martha Stewart, had us all sign our names on a round linen tablecloth every year at our family Easter gathering, then she would embroidered the names during the year, and was ready for the next.

thanks to jennr8r for posting the garlic knots, that seems quite simple, and easy to figure out and draft.
I also like the fading one that was posted.
hopefully I can get my mogo back , kind of lacking lately, though I think it's this depressing weather. Fall will be here soon and the rains will stop and I know it'll get me back in the mood.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:36 AM

Hi all My fabric use this past month has been limited to tearing a terricloth towel into smaller bits to use for rags. Getting set up in a new place takes way too much time! I brought a tiny bit of quilting with me but it took up more than half the space I had in my vehicle, lol. I finally dug out the candies yet to be mailed so travelinggramma, yours will be in the mail today. Happy Birthday in advance! Your summer adventures sound wonderful!

Gannyrosie, mojo comes and goes in the dog days of summer. I hope your garden grows brilliantly!

Sewbizgirl beautiful quilt and quilt ideas! WMUteach - yours is precious and looks really straightforward. If only I could sew a straight stich, lol.

Thank you everyone for your pictures and tales. You are a wonderful distraction from some of the things life is dropping on us. Hang in there everyone! Juana

Last edited by ibex94; 08-12-2022 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts View Post
We tested positive for the virus, so we're doing our best to cough it out. At least it happened before school started. That would have been worse. We're symptomatic, it feels like the flu but I can be up and doing some things. Like sewing or pressing things. Then I get tired and have to rest for a bit. We had it worse last time. Ugh.... What a great way to end the summer.
Get well soon! So sorry you have been slammed with Covid again. I am glad this version is milder on you!
Old 08-12-2022, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Ibex94, Hope you are getting settled and that your dear Dad is doing well. Please tell him hello.

Life does throw some curveballs, but you are so good at adapting and with a great attitude, too!
Old 08-13-2022, 05:34 PM

Thank you ibex94, we are doing better. I think I'm over the hump now finally. Hubby is still much better than my son and I. School starts on Tuesday and I'm hoping my son will be well enough to go. We've been getting all the stuff ready and clothes washed. I forgot how busy it can get. I'll get my afternoons back, that's always nice. I can actually get things done again. Like cleaning and quilting, you know the important stuff. I was watching a YouTube video that was telling me another way to use up 2.5" squares, but she went all improv and modern on it. I'm not a modern quilter, maybe i am with my choices of fabric but not the style. I admire others who make beautiful art quilts and such, but it doesn't call me to make it. Maybe that is part of the evolution of the quilter. Learning new things and progressing on. I learned how to use zippers this summer to put in my tote bags and I'm pretty proud of that. Lol! I guess I decided to write a book again. I'm really looking forward to fall this year. I'm missing wearing my hoodies and jackets. As I'm getting older and closer to the change I'm really not liking summer down south a whole lot. I can handle being colder than hot now, which used to be the opposite. I hope you all are doing well and having fun with the little bit of summer we have left. It will be cold before you know it. Take care.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:58 AM

Loveofquilts, I so miss the hustle of getting ready for school to open. I was a teacher for all of my career and the excitement of opening the classroom to new students was exillerating. Same with sending my own children off to school with new duds, and back pack and picking out the perfect binder. Oh, and then the eye roll when I required a first day of school picture. Yes, the two that have their own childen do the same thing! Ha-Ha on them. I feel fall in the air but it won't settle in for abouit 6 weeks here., I am yearning for golden browns, deep reds and variations of pumpkin colors with pops of green and black. I will have to dig into my 2.5 stash for a little fall project perhaps. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Old 08-16-2022, 05:32 AM

The back to school vibes are definitely in the air! We started up our new homeschool year last week. My 6 year old is in 2nd grade and my 5 year old is in kindergarten now. They grow so fast! I'm trying a different approach/curriculum books this year and so far I think it's better for our family's lifestyle, especially with Baby #5 on the way.

​​​​​​My veggie garden is nearly done, after a crazy three months. It's been worth it, but SO much work to do solo! I think this garden was definitely beginners luck. Google was my best friend when it came to learning what to do. I'm looking forward to Fall and am planning on taking a "field trip" with the kids to pick apples. I'm ready for pumpkins too!

I'm hoping life will slow down enough that I can sew a bit more soon. I have a couple of maternity outfits I want to make myself too. So many ideas and so little time, *sigh*.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:11 AM

I spent a lot of time doing a lot of layout and cutting of small pieces - but not fabric, it was the tile for the backsplash. The picture is what it looked like Friday morning - All the tile is set now, and ready to be grouted. DH and I had to use the studio kitchen again - so glad we have that!

Have not had a lot of time for sewing, and am really missing it!
Attached Thumbnails 20220809_062609.jpg  
Old 08-16-2022, 04:07 PM

Macybaby, I am missing you too but understand that we all have times and seasons in our lives and in our year. You will be back and sewing up beauties for us to see as soon as you finish the kitchen. Laying out and cutting small pieces made me smile. A good sense of humor in busy days is a good think!

NZ, those days are now just memories for me. Much like child birth, I have forgotten all of the difficult times of children in three different schools, elementary, middle and high school, juggling homework, sports and music instruction, then church and of course marching band and scouts. Your busy life makes me smile and go ahhh with sweet reminiscences. There is a reason parents are young and strong while grand parents are ... older. Congratulations on a successful garden. Mr. Google can be a fine friend. Getting the garden off the list soon will ease your days.

Loveofquilts, I am glad that your family is back to better health and that you can return to the "important things" Awaiting some photos of progress.