Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I"m back sewing! (& BOOM 26 quilt) >

I"m back sewing! (& BOOM 26 quilt)

I"m back sewing! (& BOOM 26 quilt)

Old 02-05-2022, 04:30 PM

Default I"m back sewing! (& BOOM 26 quilt)

Hi everyone!

After a wonderful fall RV trip into the Southwest and Texas we arrived home for the holidays and promptly rearranged everything in the house! My sewing space is transformed now as a group area in our basement that I'm sharing with our teen son. He now has a great 'computer' corner with a fancy computer he built over the holidays.

After getting things set up I took stock of my projects and decided putting together one of the BOOM quilts would be the first thing! I"m also madly quilting and binding some kids quilts for the Linus project.

So here's pictures of the BOOM 26 quilt and a string quilt that I'm working on.

Our next trip is for June, July, August and September, so I should have plenty of time for sewing before then. I want to figure out an applique project I can take on the road. I plan on doing some experimenting over the next couple months. Right now I'm waiting for the soft fuse to arrive in the mail.

Hope you all are doing well. I'll check out the board and try and catch up!

Kristi
Attached Thumbnails 20220203_074900.jpg   20220205_154725.jpg  
Old 02-05-2022, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

I saw your pretty Boom quilt in another thread, but the string blocks are a surprise! I've never seen them done that way. How clever of you, Kristi.
Old 02-06-2022, 04:26 AM

Welcome back Kristijoy. I hope you had a wonderful road trip experience. DH and I are hoping to get out of Maine after I finish my real estate course. We have friends in Maryland, South and North Carolina so will be making side stops on our way south. Your projects look great…I especially like the scrappiness of your string quilt blocks. An appliqué project would be great for your next travel trip.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:14 AM

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the strings! I've made several projects by sewing strings together and then cutting them into 2 1/2 inch strips. Then those 2 1/2 inch strips can be used in normal blocks that call for them. I've used them in churn dash blocks, as square in square frames, sashing between blocks, and even the 'X' in the X block. This pinwheel was fun! I was looking for something different!
Old 02-06-2022, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Cool works in progress! Your string quilt blocks are super!
Old 02-06-2022, 08:53 AM

Kristi, glad you are back safely from your trip. Like you I am starting the work on my boom blocks. I am way behind. Right now I am in the middle of another project so as soon as I get this achieved I am going to work on the Booms. I sat this Boom out so I could catch up on life and other projects. I love the lay out of your BOOM blocks. Soon I will catch up to you. Both quilts look wonderful!
Old 02-06-2022, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

I like the pinwheel blocks. Both are very pretty.