Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutie Frame question >

Cutie Frame question

Cutie Frame question

Old 03-20-2022, 11:41 AM

Default Cutie Frame question

I have looked at other posts concerning the Cutie Frame but have not seen a post from anyone who is actually using a Cutiie Frame. I looked at one at quilt show this weekend and gave it a test drive and was impressed (thinking about purchasing), it had a stitch regulator on it which I would probably also buy. Would love to hear from anyone who owns and uses this frame about pros and cons.
Old 03-20-2022, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
I have looked at other posts concerning the Cutie Frame but have not seen a post from anyone who is actually using a Cutiie Frame. I looked at one at quilt show this weekend and gave it a test drive and was impressed (thinking about purchasing), it had a stitch regulator on it which I would probably also buy. Would love to hear from anyone who owns and uses this frame about pros and cons.
I'm following as I have been looking into them and am very interested as to what others think. I especially want to be able to take it with me in our 5th wheel when traveling.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:41 PM

I will be following. I purchased a Cutie and it was just delivered today. I can't wait to try it!
Old 03-21-2022, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mary Christine View Post
I will be following. I purchased a Cutie and it was just delivered today. I can't wait to try it!
Can't wait to hear how you like it. Just had email this morning from Grace Co. with a link to a Facebook group for Cutie Frame quilters which I will be checking out, it's called Cutie Quilters.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
Can't wait to hear how you like it. Just had email this morning from Grace Co. with a link to a Facebook group for Cutie Frame quilters which I will be checking out, it's called Cutie Quilters.
Read thru the assembly instructions today - all 50 pages! I hope to have it assembled and ready to go by this weekend.
Old 03-27-2022, 01:46 PM

I got a cutie frame a few months ago. Also got Grace 15R. I love the frame. I don't have room for a big frame and the cutie solved the problem. I have it on a Husky adjustable height table because I have to move it around in my sewing room. Works great. I'm still in practice mode, but I'm getting there.
Old 04-03-2022, 06:44 PM

Well I did it. After going to quilt show I went to store in Everett and tried it again and asked a ton of questions about everything I could think of. Went home watched a ton of videos and joined the Cutie Quilters on Facebook and decided to buy it. The store had an online special $689 for Cutie and $389 for Stitch Regulator and they gave me the online price. While I was checking out the salesperson asked if I would be interested in an open box frame that a customer had gotten, put together and then decided she wanted a larger frame and it would be another $50 off. Win, win got to take home with me that day and it was all assembled and cheaper. I am still waiting for my stitch regulator and the side bungee cords but it is on my table and I am making leaders tomorrow and going to put an ugly quilt top on and give it a go.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:16 AM

In my humble opinion, unless I was strictly going to do baby /toddler/ throws quilts, I wouldn't have one. Simply not enough space on this quilting table to do a bed sized quilt. I suppose you could do a bed quilt by quilting two half's of one separately and then joining them together as a Quilt As You Go style. But how would you get the quilting lines to match up where the half's meet?

Last edited by lindaschipper; 04-04-2022 at 03:19 AM. Reason: another thought
Old 04-04-2022, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
In my humble opinion, unless I was strictly going to do baby /toddler/ throws quilts, I wouldn't have one. Simply not enough space on this quilting table to do a bed sized quilt. I suppose you could do a bed quilt by quilting two half's of one separately and then joining them together as a Quilt As You Go style. But how would you get the quilting lines to match up where the half's meet?
I believe it's a hoop style frame so a larger quilt can be moved then clamped to allow for working on the next unquilted section until the whole quilt is done. At least this is my understanding.
Old 04-04-2022, 04:33 PM

Hemlock, that is correct.