Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Bernette 79 I just got it and I can't get it to embroider >

Bernette 79 I just got it and I can't get it to embroider

Bernette 79 I just got it and I can't get it to embroider

Old 03-23-2022, 02:02 PM

Default Bernette 79 I just got it and I can't get it to embroider

I followed all of the instructions, including changing the needle plate. The machine will not embroider. I get a flashing yellow light. When I put the foot down and press the flashing yellow light, the foot goes back up. I am an experience embroiderer as well have been sewing for > 50 years. Help please!! thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:55 PM

Do you have the manual for your machine?

Are you in embroidery mode or sewing mode?

Make sure everything is plugged in correctlly. Did you see a demo of the machine and watch it in embroidery mode?
Old 03-24-2022, 07:04 AM

yes, I have a digitial manual. How do I set the embroidery mode? Yes I did watch several videos.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:49 AM

I am in embroidery mode. I calibrated the hoop. I still have the yellow light and it won't embroider. All plugs are correct.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

I would contact the seller and ask for help.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:13 AM

Where did you get it? Can you call them and ask. It most likely is user error which is common when you first get a machine. I would read everything again. Review how you threaded it top and bobbin both. Does it ask you to lower the feed dogs when setting up the embroidery. Review in the manual everything you need to do to set up the embroidery arm on the machine. Occasionally, there is a machine that does not work right but most of the time it is just that learning curve. Does the store you got it from offer classes, if they do I would take them. Also google "how do I set up a Bernette 79 for embroidery" Those can be helpful.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by kateowl59 View Post
I am in embroidery mode. I calibrated the hoop. I still have the yellow light and it won't embroider. All plugs are correct.
apparently my light is yellow, as I am in sewing mode now and it is sewing beautifully.
Old 03-24-2022, 09:26 AM

I purchased it from an online sew and vac store. My best friend is going to help me tonight as she as the Bernina model that is similar to my machine.
'What I have noted is that the machine indicates that I but in the bobbin holder before I change to the needle plate for embroidery. I only received one bobbin and have not noted that there are two when I read the directions.
I have googled how to set up...and will review that again today after I finish my orders. Thank you! I may look into classes here locally.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:30 AM

Did you change the sewing plate to embroidery?? I have a Bernese 79. If not , sounds like maybe you need to take back to repairman. I had to have mine repaired before warranty up
Old 10-17-2022, 12:24 PM

Most dealers have a return policy. My friend had a problem with a sewing machine she purchased from a dealer, she returned it and they fixed it and sent it back. Been working great since. Also look on Facebook for a group who may own this machine and join it. They are are your best resource.