Bernina 440

Old 03-29-2022, 03:44 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Bernina 440

Yes, I have a 440 QE with embroidery attachments. This model is No longer supported, whatever that means. It serves my needs for the most part as I have several ( not counting) other machines.
I also have bought and upgraded the Bernina Embroidery software thru V7, I think. What a user unfriendly system!
Does anyone have any suggestions . I am open to getting another software package if it is not too expensive.
I usually just stick with a downloaded design, sometimes adding text but not really digitizing. I use a lot of Embroidery library designs which I really like. I get them in the Artista format but EL will reissue purchased designs in other formats for you. ( I also have a Sofia Baby Lock and they use another format . )
Any advice will be greatly appreciated , especially ideas for navigating my existing software.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:57 PM

I have the 440 QE also and have never used the embroidery modgule because I have a Apple Mac computer. I got an older pc from my Mother and tried to load the software and it would not work. I just quit trying to use it. What a waste all these years.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:38 AM

I haven't done much embroidery for quite a while but I did just get an new Bernina 590 and am really amazed at the amount of editing I can do right on the machine. It is amazing. I don't think I would try and work with an outdated system now especially as the older embroidery machines are no longer being supported? I think we have to think of these embroidery machines like we do cell phones. Eventually, it is time for an upgrade. It is a hard decision to make whether to try and figure out an outdated system for use or to bite the bullet and upgrade. I can change the size, combine designs, add lettering, easily on the screen without additional software and probably more as I really haven't worked with the embroidery part yet.
Old 04-11-2022, 11:02 PM

I think brother embroidery machine can do all the type of task but it seems to have a pretty expensive softwares.