Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
name of pattern >

name of pattern

name of pattern

Old 04-17-2022, 04:51 AM

Default name of pattern

I receive multiple quilt postings on Facebook and there was one recently that I thought surely I would remember the name of the pattern. Of course, I forgot it! And searching Facebook for this has come up empty. Perhaps someone here will know what it is. It appears somewhat like 1/2 square triangles and can be made either with or without batting. Sounded like it then appeared the same on both the front and the back. I was going to look up the posted pattern for that as there was only a picture of the pattern but not sized so it could be read. I wanted to read how it was constructed. Did anyone else see that or do you know what that pattern name might be? Seems to me it started with a B and had a hyphenated word in the title.
From what the picture of the pattern looked like, I wondered if it was one of those that used to be included in the packages of batting. Remember those days when they included patterns and then the new tape measures? Now all we get is batting!
Old 04-17-2022, 08:19 AM

Could you try going back through your history on your computer to find it? It might be pretty easy to find if you can remember what day you saw it & look up the history for that day.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:08 AM

I saw that! It was in the fb " scrap quilters" group. There was a lady who inherited a vintage one, and wanted directions on completing. Several answers gave both directions and names( as with most older patterns, there's more than one.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:42 PM

I found it!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4864...0115361257500/
Old 04-18-2022, 04:39 AM

Bless your heart! You found it!! I had searched over Facebook and found nothing. It's an interesting process and would be an excellent project for taking with a person. I might be more inclined to "stuff" them by layering with a square of flannel or a flat sort of batting so that it is uniform. Granted, it is certainly a LOT of hand work.
Interesting method and it matches front and back when finished.!
Thanks again for your search.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:43 AM

What is the name? I do not do facebook and would like to know.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 04-18-2022, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
What is the name? I do not do facebook and would like to know.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Same here. The link just took me to the group page and I'm interested in the name of the pattern.
Old 04-18-2022, 02:44 PM

Often, when I find something interesting that I know I’ll forget when I really need it (!), I screenshot it. I have an album for ‘quilting inspiration’ among others, and browse through it when I need it again. Then it’s much easier to find the site by typing in the beginning of the url.
Old 04-19-2022, 04:28 AM

The link worked for me and there are 2 methods within the link. The name that I was forgetting is Bring-along Quilt and the pattern was printed by Fairfield. I might guess it was one of the freebies that they used to include with their batting. I have tried putting that in as a search but not finding it that way. I hope you can get the link to work. Interesting constructions within that! And thanks again to stitch678 for finding it,
Old 04-20-2022, 06:45 AM

Could you post the specific link to the pattern for those of us who are not facebook members. The link to the facebook page gets us nowhere.