Comparison Online Shopping

Old 04-22-2022, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

Default Comparison Online Shopping

I needed batting that I use for items in my crafting--a nice Pellon product that works really well. I checked nationwide
sewing center store--their price was $77 plus shipping for same item I found a big box store. At big box store, identical item was $45 and free shipping. That is quite a diff in price. I know items have gone up in prices but that comparison is crazy. Best to do some comparison shopping online ! May go back and order another bolt from big box store soon.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:49 PM

Big box stores get better deals than smaller stores because they buy in volume.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:49 PM

I live in a small town and so many big box stores have put smaller businesses out of business. I try to support the smaller stores when I can because so many of the items in the big box stores are made in China, India or Thailand. I like to buy things made in the USA.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
I live in a small town and so many big box stores have put smaller businesses out of business. I try to support the smaller stores when I can because so many of the items in the big box stores are made in China, India or Thailand. I like to buy things made in the USA.
I do that same. I love my LQS's and try to always buy from them if possible. Its sad to see the mom and pop stores who actually care about their customers run out of business by the big box stores and their foreign goods. For me, there's more to buying than the price.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 04-22-2022 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:18 AM

-- however, as much as we like to support our local businesses, sometimes money only stretches so far. To do the craft we like, a lot of us need to comparison shop, especially comparing the same item in different stores for the least amount of money, if it a brand we like to use. Or even a different brand if need be.

Last edited by berrynice; 04-29-2022 at 11:21 AM.