Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace SureStitch Eite >

Grace SureStitch Eite

Grace SureStitch Eite

Old 04-28-2022, 07:21 AM

Default Grace SureStitch Eite

With the new Elite, I saw through the Grace vid that you can select your machine on the device. So now I'm curious why they was to know which machine you have? Are the encoders different? Or is it the cord that plugs in where the foot pedal belongs? I just purchased one used - she had a Babylock Jazz 2 which is the machine I was considering anyway (second setup for the beach place) with a Cutie frame. I do have Designer Diamond and wonder if I'd need to purchase a whole different regulator, or if you can swap out the encoders or the cord?
Old 04-28-2022, 05:45 PM

I think the device that communicates with the encoders is either machine specific, or specific to a few machines. That's how it was when I had a Janome something or other, - mine didn't work and when I called the company, they had me open the device and move a couple little jumper type things and then it worked on my machine....
So I think you would have to call the company and see if the current set up is compatible with more than one machine...
Old 04-29-2022, 02:08 AM

Plug ins on machines are different.... some are a two prong and others are three. The regulator you purchase must match your machine. I've had two of the Grace regulators as they don't seem to last forever and are expensive to replace. My machine is a Janome 1600p and is on a Grace SRII frame.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:14 AM

I just got the Elite and it's now software-driven, with the code for multiple machines built in. So I select my machine, install the encoders on the frame (frame must be a Grace frame) and select the foot pedal cord from the 5 or 6 that comes with the stitch regulator. I wanted a Cutie frame for portability and this all fit the bill.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:13 PM

Default Need to know how this is working for users

Originally Posted by lindawmn View Post
I just got the Elite and it's now software-driven, with the code for multiple machines built in. So I select my machine, install the encoders on the frame (frame must be a Grace frame) and select the foot pedal cord from the 5 or 6 that comes with the stitch regulator. I wanted a Cutie frame for portability and this all fit the bill.
Hello! I see where you bought and liked this regulator. Are you still using it and how has it held up for you? I am looking to purchase, but don’t want if it’s not worth the money. Thanks.