Peanut butter.

Old 05-22-2022, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

have you ever tried PB2?

I bought the largest jar of that to tide us over. I have used it in the past so knew it was pretty good. Lots of different brands of peanut powder now too.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:26 AM

Go to fda.gov and sign up for recall alerts. You can pick what alerts you wish to receive, food, furniture, toys, etc. It’s a very good site with tons information.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by MWB53 View Post
We just bought a new 40 oz jar of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter from Walmart. It is unopened and the website says to dispose of it (which we will), but it seems with the cost of groceries today we should be able to be reimbursed for the price we paid. I don't see any recalls mentioning how to do that. Of course, our receipt is long gone. Any suggestions?
I would think that since it's been recalled, Walmart would accept a return?
Old 05-22-2022, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by MWB53 View Post
We just bought a new 40 oz jar of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter from Walmart. It is unopened and the website says to dispose of it (which we will), but it seems with the cost of groceries today we should be able to be reimbursed for the price we paid. I don't see any recalls mentioning how to do that. Of course, our receipt is long gone. Any suggestions?
Exactly, they should either reimburse the price or offer a coupon for a free jar. They have a “contact us” area on their website. I urge everyone to use it and ask. I did.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:04 AM

Hubby & I both enjoyed a nice PB&J tortilla snack last night and about 15 minutes later he read the recall notice online - yup, our serial number falls into the recall. Good news is we are just fine so this might be a broad 'recall' or what I call a broad 'throw away' of food.

Old 05-22-2022, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

I looked at the Jif empty jar I had and it was in the recall. It stated it had a best buy date of two years so it's probably been in a lot of cupboards half eaten for awhile.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

Some are saying it looks like salmonella alert in the Jif.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:37 PM
Suz

According to CNN, Jif has been recalled.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:26 AM

Default Jiff recall

Yesterday was at the store. Most all the peanut butter was gone. Thank you for the update on Jiff.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

My daughter had a jar of Jif she bought before last Thanksgiving never opened. It has the recall number on it. Seems thousands have already consumed most of what is considered contaminated. Any jar within the last two years date is part of the recall.