Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your definition of a Quilt Worthy person? >

What is your definition of a Quilt Worthy person?

What is your definition of a Quilt Worthy person?

Old 05-29-2022, 02:15 AM

Default What is your definition of a Quilt Worthy person?

A quilt worthy person is _______.

....excited to receive my quilt and can't wait to use it.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:39 AM

"grateful for the hard work, sweat and tears that went into making that quilt by hand."
Old 05-29-2022, 03:56 AM

A person who appreciates the time and effort that goes into a quilt and someone who will actually use it!
Old 05-29-2022, 04:11 AM

Someone who didn't expect a quilt from you and is so tickled with joy for getting one and just hugs it and/or you.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:49 AM

For the last year, I've been giving away quilts at work. Other staff had to sign up, and sometimes they had ways to get extra chances. So far, everyone that has won a quilt had contacted me and told me how much they appreciated winning - some with stories of Grandma quilting and how much that means, or that they've been going through a tough time and the quilt really meant something to them. By having them sign up, those that don't think much of a quilt, don't bother going to the trouble to stop in. Of 200 employees, we get about 60-70 that sign up.

I feel good barbecue so far, everyone that has won has turned out to be "quilt worthy" but it helps that I work for an organization that helps Lakota people, and quilts are a special part of their culture.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:20 AM

What a nice arrangement, Macybaby!

For quilt worthy, I would say someone who won't use the quilt in the dog house, to change the oil, or to move furniture.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:12 AM

When I gave a quilt to my brother many years ago just because. He called me up crying saying nobody ever gave him a gift like that. He passed away the end of this February at the age of 78. The quilt was on his memory table at his funeral and his wife commented it meant so so much to him.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:13 AM

Who is quilt worthy?

100% without question - newborn babies, anyone who asks for a quilt (even better if they have an idea what they want) and all donation recipients!

After that, it's a gamble but that's okay with me! I focus on family and close friends. Not to say I haven't been disappointed but it doesn't stop me from continuing to make quilts, and other things, that I think would be pleasing to the recipient. I know that I've received many gifts in the past that I never adequately gave thanks for and at some point I became greatly appreciative of - often after that person was no longer with us. So, I think kindness can have a delayed reaction to some and others are just never going to open their hearts. And that's okay.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:53 AM

Not my cousin. She has never been married . She had this poodle that was her baby. In a card she had sent me the puppy's photo. I made a copy of the photo and worked real hard on a quilt for "Coco". The quilt wasn't a lap size, but big enough. It would be nice for the foot of the bed where Coco could sleep. My cousin thanked me saying how well the quilt worked folded for Coco's food and water bowls.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:55 AM

Definitely someone that will use it rather than putting it up on a shelf. I don’t like one that says I want or need one. Ask of me kindly. Also donated recipients. They are usually in need of an extra hug