Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Hopelessly tech challenged >

Hopelessly tech challenged

Hopelessly tech challenged

Old 06-04-2022, 04:35 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Hopelessly tech challenged

This morning I received a PM telling me my post has been moved to this section. Understood. The next line said I was “ encouraged to continue the discussion “ or something like that, on this section. I went to it, read the discussions and tried to respond. Said this thread was closed. I don’t mean to be a problem,, but I am getting more and more challenged to be able to navigate( I think that is the tech term) this forum.
Please help this loyal participant!
Old 06-04-2022, 11:19 AM

We all have our own tech challenges. My response should help get your thread going. If you have tech problems ask a high schooler or another adult who has a teacher's heart for help. I understand that most libraries and AARP also have some good tech tutorials. We are in a tech world so we might just as well learn a little to we can help someone else later on.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:27 AM

It seems like the notice might have been unclear. That would not be your fault.

I suspect it's used in two circumstances:

1) the person who started the 'removed' thread is being notified, in which case the thread is no longer available to anyone for comments,

2) response in a thread that is determined to be unacceptable. In that case I suspect that you can return to the original posters thread and make a different comment.

But that's just me, guessing.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:46 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
We all have our own tech challenges. My response should help get your thread going. If you have tech problems ask a high schooler or another adult who has a teacher's heart for help. I understand that most libraries and AARP also have some good tech tutorials. We are in a tech world so we might just as well learn a little to we can help someone else later on.
you are so right! After 20+ years of teaching elementary and middle school special ed classes, it is certainly a proven fact that the kids know more than we do!
I will keep plugging along thanks for the encouragement.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:21 AM
Administrator

i moved and closed one yesterday.
the person who posted the question needed to see the answers but i didn't want that particular conversation to continue.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:48 AM

It probably wouldn't have helped you in this instance, but when I have tech problems google is my best friend. I googled about the problems I was having with my printer and was able to download different drivers and get it printing correctly. I learned this from my IT guy at the office. He uses google for some problems!