Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1-4, 2022

Old 07-05-2022, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Did manage to attach the centre of the 2021 BOM at thequiltshow.com but had a welcome diversion with DD and DGD popping in this afternoon.
wow. Just wow
Old 07-05-2022, 04:47 AM

Thimblebug, that is amazing. I did get a few D4P blocks done yesterday. That was about it for me other than time spent with family and watching some of the fireworks
Old 07-05-2022, 06:30 AM

Good morning everyone I have been lurking all along, and seeing some gorgeous things beeing completed.

WMUT, loving the P/L quilt it's going make some young person very happy

Sewbit, that Faffee fabric is gorgeous however the pattern is finished

Rryder, whatever you do is fabulous

Raggiemom, thank you for hosting another great VQW

Thimblebug, that urban city BOM is gorgeous, I've watched that project come together thru U-tube with Alex Anderson, you know she is also doing 'show and tell' on her subscribed site

It was good lurking with you weekenders this month and maybe I'll crawl out of that rabbit hole by next month and go back to piecing. See you next month, happy sewing everyone--cherrybsixty

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 07-05-2022 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:26 AM

I ended up missing my mark just a little bit yesterday. I was aching pretty hard and couldn't figure out what was going on until this morning when I realized that I missed taking my pain meds altogether yesterday. I have got to get a medication tracking app going on my new phone, just missing one day will set me back two or three if I'm not careful.

I only have the outer edges of the table quilt to mark, then I will be done with that and setting it off to the side for now. Depending on how I feel later this evening with this heat and a bunch of deliveries that will come in today, I may go ahead and sandwich it up. I would leave the deliveries alone until tomorrow, but I have things that I need to get inside, including my new chalk cartridges and pen.

Thanks for hosting another great VQW, Heather. I had some hiccups along the way but I am so pleased with how much I did get done. The motivation I get from these weekends is so welcome.

I will see everyone next VQW - everyone stay safe and stay cool!
Old 07-05-2022, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Amazing quilt, Thimble!! I love the 'town' theme.

I got up to my quilting room yesterday and started the quilting on a quilt that I will donate this Saturday. I got more than half of it done, using paisleys, stipple and diagonal lines. It's been a while since I quilted (been making kid's clothes), and it was fun to play again. Hope to finish that one today and then start on another one. Donation day is this Saturday.

Heather, thanks for hosting VQW again. Everyone, have a great week!
Old 07-05-2022, 08:49 AM

Great work everyone! I manage to do the quilting on 3 of those donation quilts so that's pretty good for me. Our weekly group meets tonight so I am going to get one of them bound. At least that's the plan... lol