Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Organizing My Fabric >

Organizing My Fabric

Organizing My Fabric

Old 07-07-2022, 01:34 PM

MaryKa, when I need a bout of therapy sewing, I turn to the strips. I put them into pleasing arrangements to make a strip set usually around 9" wide. You can sub-cut that in a number of ways to generate interesting blocks, I love the look of cutting it into unequal strips across the lines of fabric, and sewing them back together with every other one turned upside down....
Old 07-07-2022, 06:17 PM

I made a tutorial on organizing your fabric several years ago. That may help
Old 10-15-2022, 02:32 PM

Default NOT Moving

Originally Posted by MaryKa View Post
Mine are in boxes--old fashion way--with magic marker writings as to what is (supposed to be) in each box. Since I live in an apatment my second bedroom Must contain all my plants that can kill cats and I have 2. So my boxes are sitting everywhere--kitchen has 2. Living/Dining room has over 25. My bedroom has too many.
I cannot put up shelves. My sewing machine sits on my dining room table and all my laundry also is in my dining room along with my washer. I'm to the point of begging God for a house. I need one of my own as I was given 9 rose bushes for free because they did not know if you cut off the dead blooms (dead heading) the roses will put out fresh buds and you can enjoy your roses all summer long And I need to get them in the ground so they will do better than just sitting there -- these are a ground cover rose and they are needing extra space.

My big brother decided to stay here. He does not want to leave the area so we will be here at least another year. If he decides to move I will be going with him. He was at war for too many years and I will never let him be along again. His wife walked out because he has ptsd and a few problems from that but not as many as some have. He was able to drive as a trucker and worked on the dock for a time but he wanted his freedom. Now we live in the same complex altho' he has his own apartment. I'm right next door and we can get to each other in an instant

So my 2nd bedroom will become my sewing room. I'll have to get bookcases or something to that effect for my shelves. Will be working on Christmas aprons for the Christmas Shoppe with my church.

Hope everyone is having a blessed weekend and all thru next week and beyond.