Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2022 to October 2022 Table Runner Swap >

August 2022 to October 2022 Table Runner Swap

August 2022 to October 2022 Table Runner Swap

Old 10-07-2022, 01:47 PM

I am not able to participate this round. I did start the stars and bars the last round, however, life happens.

In August, our sweet little dog, Jackson, jumped out of my husband’s truck window. He broke his right front leg and has nerve damage in the left front leg. They inserted a plate in the right front leg and it seems to be healing well. We will know more when they take X-rays 8 weeks post surgery. He won’t use the left leg. He “knuckles” when he does put it down. But mostly he tries to keep in up in the air. We are taking him to rehab and they think he is making progress. But he requires constant supervision so he doesn’t jump, fall or twist in some way that damages the broken leg before it heals.

Then, three weeks ago, my DD forgot she hasn’t played volleyball since high school (more than a decade ago). She dove for a loose ball and broke her left arm. She’s moved back home so that I can be her left arm when needed (like contact lenses and getting dressed). And sometimes when not necessary but just because I don’t mind fixing her breakfast or grabbing a beverage out of the fridge. She is able to work. Her colleagues have been great about helping get things done. Like giving injections. She’s a small animal veterinarian.

And in comparison it doesn’t seem to be as big a deal, but in August, I had to have an intramuscular lipoma removed from my upper right arm. It’s healing nicely, but I still don’t have full strength. Sewing for any period of time causes some pain.

I will watch this thread to see what everyone does with the theme.

Praying for everyone impacted by Ian.

Hugs,
Beverly
Old 10-08-2022, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
I am not able to participate this round. I did start the stars and bars the last round, however, life happens.

In August, our sweet little dog, Jackson, jumped out of my husband’s truck window. He broke his right front leg and has nerve damage in the left front leg. They inserted a plate in the right front leg and it seems to be healing well. We will know more when they take X-rays 8 weeks post surgery. He won’t use the left leg. He “knuckles” when he does put it down. But mostly he tries to keep in up in the air. We are taking him to rehab and they think he is making progress. But he requires constant supervision so he doesn’t jump, fall or twist in some way that damages the broken leg before it heals.

Then, three weeks ago, my DD forgot she hasn’t played volleyball since high school (more than a decade ago). She dove for a loose ball and broke her left arm. She’s moved back home so that I can be her left arm when needed (like contact lenses and getting dressed). And sometimes when not necessary but just because I don’t mind fixing her breakfast or grabbing a beverage out of the fridge. She is able to work. Her colleagues have been great about helping get things done. Like giving injections. She’s a small animal veterinarian.

And in comparison it doesn’t seem to be as big a deal, but in August, I had to have an intramuscular lipoma removed from my upper right arm. It’s healing nicely, but I still don’t have full strength. Sewing for any period of time causes some pain.

I will watch this thread to see what everyone does with the theme.

Praying for everyone impacted by Ian.

Hugs,
Beverly
Oh my goodness Beverley! What at time you have had! Hope you are healing well and your daughter & Jackson too!

A table runner is certainly not your focus just now! Looking forward to seeing your projects for the next runner swap! Take care!
Old 10-08-2022, 05:57 PM

Gee Beverley, you are having a hard time. Hope you all and Jackson made speedy recoveries and can enjoy Christmas,
Sue, have you settled cosily into your new domain now?
Old 10-09-2022, 10:03 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Gee Beverley, you are having a hard time. Hope you all and Jackson made speedy recoveries and can enjoy Christmas,
Sue, have you settled cosily into your new domain now?
Yes we are good! It's definitely "home" now, and I love the changing leaves - I even have red leaves! Those trees didn't grow up north due to cold temps, so I haven't had red leaves since I left home in my 20's! That's quite a bit ago! lol
We are closer to our kids & their families and only a 1.5hr drive to family cottage instead of 10hrs! It's been a really good summer & now I'm trying to gear up for winter (but it won't last 6 months here!) woohoo!
Old 10-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Hugs Beverley. That is a lot at the same time.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:37 AM

Thanks, everyone. It’ll get crazy, and I’ll get a little cranky, but everyone is healing.
Old 10-24-2022, 01:45 AM

Hi Beverley,

So sorry you have been through so much... but watch from the sidelines this time and jump back in when you are all fit and well again.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 10-24-2022, 01:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am just posting the first really to mail list......

Annaquilts
R-sea
M-fay
ekuw

There is still plenty of time to make a runner and sign up.... so I look forward to greeting some more participants.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 10-30-2022, 07:27 AM

Today is binding day and then my runner will be ready to send. Wooohooo! Please add me to the list!
Old 10-31-2022, 03:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

Last few hours to sign up... here are the members ready to mail:-

Annaquilts
R-sea
M-fay
ekuw
Northern Sue

There are still a few hours to sign up if you have a runner ready!

Hugs

Caroline