Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff 7550 motherboard died >

Pfaff 7550 motherboard died

Pfaff 7550 motherboard died

Old 09-17-2022, 05:25 PM

Don't plan on finding a new motherboard for a 7550. Those machines are too old to have any luck finding one. I had a 7570 and sold it to someone on eBay. Turned out she lived close enough to me we met and exchanged money and machine. She had a business going in which she had digitized and made a specific item and didn't want to start over. She bought all of those machines she could for spare parts.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by DrosieD View Post
Don't plan on finding a new motherboard for a 7550. Those machines are too old to have any luck finding one. I had a 7570 and sold it to someone on eBay. Turned out she lived close enough to me we met and exchanged money and machine. She had a business going in which she had digitized and made a specific item and didn't want to start over. She bought all of those machines she could for spare parts.
I think that's a good idea. I bought a back up Artista 180 because the original is on it's last legs as far as the electronics go. I keep my eye out for them at estate sales. I'll buy another if I find it.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:19 AM

Mine also died at 20 years. I feel your pain. My Pfaff tech said it could not be repaired.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
Mine also died at 20 years. I feel your pain. My Pfaff tech said it could not be repaired.
I'm able to repair most of the boards. I repair the in my spare time to preserve this wonderful machines. If you have an opportunity to ship at least the board mounted on the original tray, for stability, and ship them to Germany.
Old 10-23-2023, 05:13 PM

Brubaker's Sewing Center in Pennsylvania specializes in retro Pfaffs. Before closing their retail business, they invested in extra parts, electronic components and circuit boards in anticipation of continuing Pfaff service and sales as a retirement business.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Shepherdess55 View Post
Brubaker's Sewing Center in Pennsylvania specializes in retro Pfaffs. Before closing their retail business, they invested in extra parts, electronic components and circuit boards in anticipation of continuing Pfaff service and sales as a retirement business.
Thanks for sharing this link. I think it is cheaper to sent this machines in the US internal than across the ocean. I wanted to make people here aware that there are opportunities to repair this good machines.