Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2nd version of Another RWB >

2nd version of Another RWB

2nd version of Another RWB

Old 08-04-2022, 05:35 AM

Default 2nd version of Another RWB

Hello Quilters! I recently made a Quilt of Valor from a picture I saw. Well, by starting with a 12 inch finished Star, my blocks came out 17 1/2 after treating the Star like a square in a square block. I made 12 blocks and bordered it for a finish of 63x81 if I remember correctly.
So for this quilt top I made 8 1/2 inch Stars and then made it into the sq in a sq. I had to make 35 Star blocks to get my size! I used mostly the same fabrics and no border here. The picture I saw had the corner stars a different color than the main blocks, so I was able to do that here. It is just under the size of the other, so a bit smaller. I forgot the exact measurements.
I must say I think I like the first one better, not only because the blocks were bigger and quicker to make but this one looks like too many stars. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails 7ddd2da4-89f3-4bcf-89ef-15f8878a73ef.jpeg  
Old 08-04-2022, 05:48 AM

Default Rwb

Oh Toogie, you have it going girl. What a gorgeous quilt! I remember doing so very many patriotic quilts twenty years ago. Wish everyone still felt that way. Seems to have been world wide then. Maybe we will all get back that way again. Keep on leading the way!!
Old 08-04-2022, 05:54 AM

It’s a wonderful quilt!
Old 08-04-2022, 08:31 AM

Toogie, all your quilts are amazing and you really crank them out fast too. Don't know how you do it. I sew every day for 4-7 hours and still don't accomplish all that you do. Do you quilt your own? Or does QOV do them?
Old 08-04-2022, 08:35 AM

Another beauty! You are indeed a quilting goddess!
Old 08-04-2022, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Lovely top!
Old 08-04-2022, 10:11 AM

I looked at your previous quilt. I don’t know which I like better.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
Toogie, all your quilts are amazing and you really crank them out fast too. Don't know how you do it. I sew every day for 4-7 hours and still don't accomplish all that you do. Do you quilt your own? Or does QOV do them?
Thank you
I have quilted a few, but we have a couple ladies in our sewing group that have programmable long arms that usually quilt them. They look more professional​​​​​​. This one took me twice as long as the first one. I cut it out on Wednesday and started sewing flying geese. I finished it up Saturday night before bedtime. I am retired so I can sew when I want to and I seem to always want to-lol- hubby encourages me by sometimes cooking on those days.❤️
Old 08-04-2022, 05:20 PM

I like the quilt but you have much more patience than I do making the same block so many times.