Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Old 09-01-2022, 04:03 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Justs back from monthly guild meeting and figured I might as well get the thread started. So welcome to the September VQW. What do you plan to work on this month? I have a hand applique and a simple cross stitch that I would like to complete this weekend. Also there is a pile of tops waiting to be sandwiched, quilted and bound. They range from small wallhanging to large lap size. It would be nice to shrink the pile by Monday night .

Looking forward to seeing what all of you are up to. Next VQW is October 7-10, 2022.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!
Old 09-01-2022, 04:45 PM

Good evening Heather, thank you for hosting this weekend. I plan to quilt 2-3 of my UFO tops, sew 21 star blocks for a new top. Start sewing on the Marti Mitchell Farmer’s Wife QAL currently in progress. My goal, to complete 10 blocks this weekend. Instead of Kansa Troubles, ect fabric I’m using batik scraps. I have 3-4 baggies of scraps I plan to use. Then work on my Halloween top for a niece. I plan to be close to the center being sewn together. I figure what doesn’t get done this weekend will become my this month’s goals. I have everything near, so I expect to make some progress on at least most of my projects. Oh and figure out how to post pics from my I-pad to QB. I used to be able to do this, but lately I haven’t been able.
Old 09-02-2022, 01:55 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! I am going to try and get in at least a few days of sewing! I am still working on my bazillion HST quilt and I really want to get it done. Chaos and all it’s trappings dropped in at the beginning of the month and I have not sewn at all this month! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 09-02-2022, 03:18 AM

Oh, I have been waiting for this weekend of quilting. I have three quilts layered and ready for quilting and binding. My machine will be busy!
1. Blue giant Arkansas Crossroads block quilt (The blocks are giant sized, not the quilt.)
2. Green chevron quilt
3. Blue sampler quilt from a friend who can no longer quilt.

Time to warm up the Pfaff and get going! See 'yall later this week end with photos.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:22 AM

I started sewing some disappearing half-square triangle blocks for a kid's quilt. I hope to work on that and also work on my hexie flowers. But I've got errands to run and a little (very little) house cleaning to do. I love it when we "get together" on these VQW!
Old 09-02-2022, 04:33 AM

I'll be finishing the backstitching on my latest cross stitch item. Then I can get back to the sewing room, and sorting out fabric, cutting certain sizes and storing away in totes to have ready for certain projects. This is a long slow process as I'm downsizing my stash.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:59 AM

Just hoping to get some stitching done on the 2016 0r 2017 mystery quilt. I hope to get it done before the next mystery quilt drops. But then again, we have been having fairly nice weather and it has just been too good to stay inside. Winter comes early up here, and I truly feel guilty if I am indoors on a nice day!

Old 09-02-2022, 05:26 AM

Yay! Thanks for hosting, Heather.

Here's my list for this weekend: 1. finish quilting my landscape/peninsula quilt. 2. Sandwich my Midway S.F. quilt and start quilting it. 3. Trace my Big Fish quilt diagram onto fabric and start painting it. 4.Get Doodle Landscape photographed and enter it into a show. 5. Work on adding embellishments and details to my UFO quilt.

I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing about what everyone else is doing this weekend!

Rob
Old 09-02-2022, 05:29 AM

I came away from our Wednesday Stitch and Share group, with a big bag of miscellaneous fabric from a friend who is cleaning out and downsizing her sewing room. They range from scraps to fat quarter sizes. It was like Christmas in August! But one fabric caught my eye--two pieces of kid's dragon print in primary colours. I have just enough for nine 10 1/2 inch squares and sixteen 2 1/2 inch squares. I am going to use primary colour solids for the sashings. Would love to complete that this weekend.

But I will have to work around canning and making at least one batch of salsa.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:47 AM

I will be appliqueing on my 60" x 60" quilt. It is the most difficult one I have ever worked on as it has small pieces and it is challenging to get them perfectly round. I like appliqueing wool better as there are no turning the edges as you go. I will persevere and get it done though.