Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 2-5, 2022

Old 09-02-2022, 03:25 PM

Impressive goals this weekend, I hope we're all able to accomplish all that we wish. I worked on some hand applique today and could have finished my quilt top but someone stole my sewing room chair and she looked so comfortable that I didn't want to bother her. So hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:11 PM

Default Placemats

I made a sample Hallowe’en placemat and figured out what I need to adjust to get one the same size as my first Xmas one I made a few years ago. The Xmas fabric I purchased in a little shop in Edson, Alberta a few years back, so I would like to make the rest of them now to enjoy. Didn’t get to spend hours sewing but a friend brought a little yarn twisted cord for a dolly outfit she had knit…..and while here she saw my fun fabric with teddies that I was contemplating a backing for, so she offered me a piece of flannel she was gifted, so I consider this a good start to a “quilt” weekend!
Attached Thumbnails 55e69270-bd7e-49d5-921a-6ab4d3b92478.jpeg   6d3d8aa6-3cb1-48be-8ff3-1cd2eceaec86.jpeg  
Old 09-03-2022, 03:37 AM

Didn't sew a stitch yesterday! Went to a local arts and craft fair and lunch with a friend. It was pretty hot (for me) so didn't want to do much when I got home. I cut out hexies for my flower garden quilt. I'm starting to sew flowers together so I need LOTS of white hexagons. I received an order from Hancock's that had backing fabric for a kid's quilt. I might load that today and quilt a little.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:33 AM

Hubby and I cleaned house, picked up Rx and groceries, made dinner. Good day together. And it did some straightening in sewing room. Also, got BOOM into baggies and labeled. Tuesday can get it ready to mail.

Early in day, now, so cool and creativity awake. Think I’ll organize that dream series.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:45 AM

Congratulations to me. Go to “swap” to find pictures posted at resized. yeah!
Old 09-03-2022, 06:49 AM

Thank you for the pattern number, Pet. I did not realize that it was actually pants, I thought it was a skirt. The top looks like it should be quick and easy.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:07 AM

I was reading the forum and saw a question about the Grace EZ3 frame, so went down a rabbit hole reading posts on here and then found this interesting tutorial on hand quilting from one of the links, so thought I would post it. My hand quilting project right now is a hand appliquéd queens size teddy bear quilt.
https://www.loopytulips.com/tutorials-1
Old 09-03-2022, 07:38 AM

I'll be working on adding sashing and an outer row of squares for the "All Boxed in Quilt" from Project Linus. Nice easy pattern and I'm using stash so that's a bonus. I would also like to choose an embroidery project for the cooler months from my stash-can't decide which one though lol.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:06 AM

I need a break! DS bedroom is 99% done. Just need to move one small piece of furiture and it's ready for him.

Fabric on the 6 shelves against the back wall of the living room that will be DS video game room/area.

Oh, the 6 totes I brought to the quilt group? Friendly shark frenzy. All gone in 2 hours! iIts a good feeling to donate to a group of quilters. "Pillow case gal" filled a tote. Her firiend that has a tight budget filled a tote. I'm tarilled. Next load will be holiday decorations. 5 more totes. We are following the theory, what will the kids do with this stuf when we're gone?

Haven't sewn since Sudnay. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to work on something .My sewing machine feeling neglected...lol
Old 09-03-2022, 08:51 AM

Just getting into the studio today. Yesterday I finished the quilting on the doodle peninsula landscape and added some embellishments to my UFO art quilt. Today I want to get my Midway S.F. doodle quilt ironed to set the paints and then sandwiched so I can start quilting it tomorrow. I also want to add some more embellishments to my UFO. Here's a pic of the quilted but not yet bound Peninsula landscape:

Happy quilting everyone,
Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_3152.jpeg