Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fish for CASA >

Fish for CASA

Fish for CASA

Old 09-09-2022, 06:14 PM

Default Fish for CASA

Hi Quilters! I just finished the binding on this little quilt. I tried quilting waves with and without a ruler. The ruler was more calm, a shallow sea. My free hand has deeper waves, so a storm I guess. Oh well, no two waves alike just like in real life. This one will be added to our Christmas donations for the children. Have a good night. Oh, it’s small 42x48. Whole blocks and fish blocks squared up to 6.5 inch. The fabrics and batting were from my stash. The Disney I’ve had since forever and the blue backing is still from the 108 bolt I bought last year at Marshall. Batting was leftovers.
Attached Thumbnails d728d135-1ca6-461c-b53f-efa45c1cb228.jpeg   40716b08-7804-4a29-a62a-1c7ce37bea4a.jpeg  
Old 09-09-2022, 06:31 PM

That is so cute. Someone is sure going to love it.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:54 PM

very pretty quilt
Old 09-09-2022, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Cute quilt and makes me want to sing “ Yellow Submarine” 😂
Old 09-09-2022, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Cute quilt and makes me want to sing “ Yellow Submarine” 😂
We all live in a yellow submarine has been going around in my head like a hung up record. -lol- glad to hear I’m not the only one thinking it. Thanks
Old 09-10-2022, 02:28 AM

Oh what a happy quilt! I love the Disney print with your fish blocks...a match made in heaven. I bet you were doing the happy dance as you saw this quilt come together. The wave quilting suits the quilt perfectly. Is your fish block from Jenny at Missouri star? I think I saw her do one where you fold back the curved edges? Have a happy quilting day!
Old 09-10-2022, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Oh what a happy quilt! I love the Disney print with your fish blocks...a match made in heaven. I bet you were doing the happy dance as you saw this quilt come together. The wave quilting suits the quilt perfectly. Is your fish block from Jenny at Missouri star? I think I saw her do one where you fold back the curved edges? Have a happy quilting day!
I used the fish from the YouTube video Row by Row 2015 from Quilting Confections by Sew Very Easy. The measurements are a different. My blue water or background was cut (3) 2.5 inch and (2) 4.5 inch squares. The smaller ones have the fins and tail on and the larger ones are cut in half corner to corner giving you your 4 half squares to set the fish as a straight block. The fish are colored fabrics cut (3) 2.25 folded in half corner to corner and basted raw edge ,on the corner of a blue water. Then take the folded edge and turn it back to make a curve, stitching down before you sew your squares together. Mine square up at 6.5 and Jenny’s at 6.25
I have now watched Jenny Doans Summer School. Her fish only has the tail made like cathedral but it is still a great block, just each block a quarter inch smaller and the fins aren’t made cathedral.
I may try Jenny’s at some point. Thanks for alerting me to her video.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:58 AM

That's adorable, Toogie. Some child is going to love it
Old 09-10-2022, 10:09 AM

Oh cool! sort of little cathedral window fish! I like that a lot!
Old 09-10-2022, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

That is a darling quilt, Toogie! I love the fish and submarines!