Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PC Quilter robotics help >

PC Quilter robotics help

PC Quilter robotics help

Old 10-08-2022, 01:20 AM

Default PC Quilter robotics help

Hello everyone and thank you for reading this. Me and my wife was quilting and after rotating the quilt the pc quilters robotics would not run correctly again. It won't do smooth curves anymore. We can't for the life of us figure it out and it's the last 2 lines on a king size quilt we are trying to finish up. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-08-2022, 07:09 AM

Any and all help would be appreciated
Old 10-08-2022, 07:38 AM

I'm amazed your PCQ is still running. I started out with PCQ back in the early 2000's and then moved up to MQR that used parts from the PCQ. When you turned your quilt, by chance might you have pulled a wire or cord out or loosened it? It's been awhile since PCQ days so can't remember how it was hooked up. Is the PCQ company still around to give you support?

I even had the MaxThroat but that was useless, more like a door stop than anything. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:46 AM

All we did was advance it to the next row. Yeah the wife wanted to try out robotics to see if she liked it and got a good deal on this one. I know I would love to get her better but I'm not sure which direction to go
Old 10-08-2022, 02:14 PM
Gay

Could it be your encoders? If they are not sitting firmly on the tracks the machine will skip stitches and your circular designs will not be curved nicely.
Old 10-08-2022, 03:20 PM

Also look for threads on tracks or around wheels
edit to add: my feed dogs button got accidentally pushed..dogs raised….had horrible stitches. ( not your model, but all the same….

Last edited by mermaid; 10-08-2022 at 03:24 PM. Reason: More info
Old 10-08-2022, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by JOKER421 View Post
All we did was advance it to the next row. Yeah the wife wanted to try out robotics to see if she liked it and got a good deal on this one. I know I would love to get her better but I'm not sure which direction to go
I had a PC Quilter for 8 years. It worked very well, but I wanted a bigger throat, and after 8 years of using the PC Quilter. I was sure that a new machine would not turn into a pricy boat anchor.

4 years ago, I replaced the PC Quilte HQ16 set up with a Q'nique 21, using QCT Beginnings automation. The price was right. I've haven't been sorry yet.

If/when you upgrade take a look at used machines of any brand. Make sure you actually see it working, though. That's the only way you'll know it's actually working when you buy it.

Old 10-08-2022, 09:23 PM

I'm also amazed your PC Quilter is still running!

Yeah the wife wanted to try out robotics to see if she liked it and got a good deal on this one. I know I would love to get her better but I'm not sure which direction to go
Sign her up for a class. People will tell you to go to shows and test-drive the longarms there, but a class is MUCH better. It's the difference between test driving a car in a parking lot for 5 minutes and test driving it across the state. When I was in the market, I took a class from my Innova dealer, it was 5 hours long and covered everything, from loading a quilt top, batting, & backing, adjusting and troubleshooting the tension, winding bobbins, quilting for several hours with coaching and direction from a professional, and playing with all the different features and accessories (hydraulic frame, built-in light bar, robotics, etc). It was WELL worth the money!
Old 10-09-2022, 05:20 AM

Have you tried to get customer support from PCQ or is it not even in operation any longer? I didn't think they were all that great back when I had it.

I also went with PCQ just to see if I liked quilting at all and I did. Started with the Viking MegaQuilter 9 inch, moved up to the Juki 98Q stretched to 18 inch but by then I had the MQR retroffited PCQ which I'll tell you now is no longer around. Finally moved up to an Innova 26 and upgraded the MQR for the larger machine until the support moved to Canada and vanished. Now I have the IQ on my Innova and I couldn't be happier.

As someone mentioned check out used machines with robotics, try it out and see if it fits your style as not all do. Hope you figure out the problem with your PCQ now though. Maybe a wire got loosened, threads in the wheels, wheels/encoders slipped off, etc.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:33 AM

Any and all help would be appreciated
try this web site. The video's were made by Ellen Munnich. I believe she was the wife ofmthe fellow whom developed PCQ.

http://munnichdesign.com/index.htm

It's a list of video's Ellen made. They download to your computer in mp4 video format.

the Munnich Designs website also has some great digital quilting designs at great prices.