Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who is hosting this year? >

Who is hosting this year?

Who is hosting this year?

Old 10-30-2022, 10:13 AM

Default Who is hosting this year?

It is that time of year again! Tomorrow Bonnie will post the colors for the 2022-2023 Mystery Quilt. Do we have anyone who wants to host this year?
Old 10-30-2022, 11:04 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, Tallchick. I posted in last year's thread asking the same question as I know Iceblossom is not going to be able to host. Hopefully someone will be able to step up and get the ball rolling for this year's BHMQ. :-)
Old 10-30-2022, 03:18 PM

I've contacted SuzSLO and she is happy to host the thread this year.

I won't plan to sew along, due to back trouble preventing me from doing much these days, but I will definitely download the clues, collect my fabric and follow the thread. See you all there!
Old 10-30-2022, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

I've downloaded the clues every year since I found out about the mystery, but I've never made one of the quilts. I think I'm too much of a planner to do a mystery quilt. But I do enjoy seeing how other people are approaching the project. And maybe one of these days I will make one of the mystery quilts from past years.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:26 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

I think will be my 7th and I have even finished several of them! Some are still flimsies but several are finished. I have learned so much from doing them and find my AccuQuilt dies have helped me keep up with the clues. My problem is how at the end, the boarder is often time consuming and since the mystery is revealed, I go on to other projects. Sometimes I wish the clues start with the boarder!
Old 10-30-2022, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

I use to make them but the last few years the quilts have all seemed the same to me. Lots of time for a quilt that looked like the quilts before it.I save all the quilt clues for each one. I like seeing everyone color ways for the quilts. The color choices are key for the mystery quilts.
Old 10-30-2022, 08:13 PM

I've made rwo and finished both. I've kept the clues on all of them. Some I absolutely love, and others are more than I want to deal with. It's fun to see what others do and I'll keep watch on what's going on. I am a follower of Miss Bonnies blog and love it. So much energy coming from one person. Amazing. Good luck everyone. I am still testing waters on getting back in the swing of things.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:14 AM

The Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023 quilt along thread is up: Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

I hope to see you all in that thread. Quilting is definitely better together.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

I'm in a quandary. I love working on this together but I don't like the way my quilts turn out. I've done 2 mysteries so far. This year's colors are nothing I would ever work with. I could change that though. I won't ever work with purple!
As I said I love working with you all. We have a blast!
Old 10-31-2022, 06:41 AM

I may work on this one this year. I am thinking of maybe just using yardage instead of scraps. I seem to have a lot of yardages or maybe scrappy of a color or two and then yardage of the others. I do have a previous year's mystery to finish piecing and also a couple of flimsies to make into real quilts.