Old industrial Pfaff help

Old 10-31-2022, 09:50 AM

Default Old industrial Pfaff help

Hi, I am trying to help an 84-year-old neighbor find needles for his old Pfaff 145 H3 Industrial straight stitch machine. So far, I am not having much luck in finding a replacement. Anyone have any sources or resources to help me find more information. There is a manual with it but it says it uses a "134" needle. I know there is supposed to be more info. He is interested in doing some leather on it and the manual says to use a 134-LR for general leather. The needle has a round shank. It is about 1/4 inch longer than the one I use in my APQS long-arm. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:25 AM

Glenn Smith ( [email protected] )
at Brubakers sewing in Pennsylvania might be able to help you. He specializes in vintage Pfaffs. I highly recommend him.
Laura
Old 10-31-2022, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the source!
Old 10-31-2022, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
... find needles for his old Pfaff 145 H3 Industrial straight stitch machine. ... "134" needle. I know there is supposed to be more info. He is interested in doing some leather on it and the manual says to use a 134-LR for general leather. ....
According to https://www.thethreadexchange.com/mi...L-SYS-PFAFF-03 the needle for the 145 H3 would be 134-35 or 2134-35, DPx35. If you click on 134-35 it will take you to https://www.thethreadexchange.com/mi...ode=NDL-134-35 The LR needles are a little more than halfway down the page and start at NDL-717232. There are a variety of sizes and coatings.

There are also some at https://www.cutexsewingsupplies.com/...32221311500341

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 11-14-2022, 04:45 PM

Janey, Thanks for this information. After my brother came over and took parts off and cleaned them finding lots of dust and thread bits, they were able to get the machine working well enough to finish his two projects with the old needles he had on hand. As the cold weather has hit now and he has this machine in the garage, I think he is done with projects until spring. So I will keep this info and see what his plans are in March or So. Again, thank you!